Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
(2015-02-28, 18:38)dirkr Wrote: In my quest to add my anime to Kodi I've moved my files to a seperate folder (anime files that is) and added this folder as a new source with the anidb.net[MOD] scraper.
The show I'm currently trying to add is Fairy Tail. When I check anidb I found the one containing all 175 episodes ("season1") and used thatone in the scraper.
Now for some reason Kodi only recognizes 75 of the episodes while all the files are on my storage and there's nothing different about the last 100files compared to the first 75.

next to that I also added a folder Fairy Tail 2 (containing the "season 2") since it's considered a follow up show on anidb. For this I used the Fairy Tail 2014 entry from anidb but Kodi tells me I got no files of this show.

Dirkr, not sure if you've figured it out yet or not, but I'll give it a shot just in case. Now, I know absolutely nothing about OpenElec or the Raspberry Pi and am assuming this part will be the same as Windows. Here is how I set up my anime to get everything to work with Kodi and the anidb.net[MOD] scraper.

I have a main "Anime" folder on the server along with "TV", "Movies", etc. Inside the Anime folder I have separate folders for movies and series. (I put OVAs in with series.) I then add them as separate sources so I can have all the movies in one play list and all the series in another. Each series should be in its own folder.

All of the series and episodes have to be labeled properly in order for the scraper to find them on AniDBnet. For the series name, I always use the "Main Title" name listed on the series page. Just copy it and paste it into the folder name.

I then rename all the episodes to include "s01e" in each name. I know the scraper has rules that is supposed to let it understand other naming formats, but I just always stick with "s01e". It always works for me and I don't see any reason not to add it. Just use a file renaming program to rename the whole folder at once.

So, for example, if I was adding Fairy Tail to my library, it would look like this:

server drive
Anime
series
Fairy Tail
....... Fairy Tail - s01e001v2 - 1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv
....... Fairy Tail - s01e002v2 - 1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv
....... Fairy Tail - s01e003v2 - 1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv
....... Fairy Tail - s01e174 - 1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv
....... Fairy Tail - s01e175 - 1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv

Fairy Tail (2014)
....... Fairy Tail 2 - s01e01 xxxxxxxxx.mkv
....... Fairy Tail 2 - s01e02 xxxxxxxxx.mkv
....... etc

AniDB usually treats each season as a separate show. So, in this case, looks like you would create a separate folder for it with the name "Fairy Tail (2014)". Then just add "s01e" to each episode like before. (You still add season 1 to the names even though it is really the second season because the scraper sees it as a separate show).

Hope that makes sense. The key for me is to just put each show in a separate folder, name the folder the exact "Main Title" name, and then add "s01e" in front of each episode number.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by Thales - 2015-03-11, 08:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8