Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
Will try and tell how it works here at my place. I have almost none of the problems I see other people mention here. So maybe my way can help some of you.

I still run XBMC 13.1 (if it aint broke don't fix it) and i have the Anidb java client to handle renaming and moving my new anime files. You need a login on anidb.net I belive.
This should take you there. http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=applet

How to make the client rename and move files depends on your settings and network. Seach this tread for more about the anidb client.

I make the client move my files, and in doing so it will also name the directories for me. I use original names in romanji for that.

It ends up like this

anime
-----movies
---------Aki no Kanade
-------etc
-----tvshows
---------Absolute Duo
---------Aldnoah.Zero (2015)
---------Anime de Wakaru Shinryounaika
---------Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (2015)
---------etc
-------etc

you get the picture.
All the files are renamed with the info in filename I want AND it puts ep infront of each episode number. ep01, ep02 - ep306, ep307

I have made no changes to advancesettings.xml regarding file naming. But in each anime folder I place a tvshow.nfo file containing the url of the show on anidb.

My anime folder is split up in 3 sources.
one for anime/movies
one for anime/tvshows/2015 and 2014
one for anime/tvshows/ all the rest
i change the last two each newyear.
settings for anidbMod are no google seach and store tvdb id.

I have my anime the "native" way, like 3 folders of bakuman and so on. Fanart and artworkdownloader works. and as long as i remember to place that tvshow.nfo file in a new folder in my sources, it will scrape it just fine.
Only exception to this day is Dog Days''. It keps showing up as season one x2.

This took some work to set up, but now it is almost just drag and drop to anidb client and it's all ready.
What anidb client could not help with i use a macro keyboard to record one file renaming, and then just repeat.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by LoveJoy - 2015-05-03, 10:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8