Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
@scudlee Thanks for the heads up. Some of the genres were redundant anyway, "Seinen", "Ecchi", and "Mecha" made more sense than "General Lack of Common Sense" or "Transfer Student" If you run Genesis, all of those would show up as a channel. Take your time, I don't see others complaining about it and thanks for everything, anime on XBMC/KODI wouldn't be the same without it.

@caffeinepills I find that naming the show as S01E01, 1x1, 101, or 1x01 usually work, also, OVAs work best when labeled as S00E01, etc. Review Thetvdb for proper naming. Many second seasons have different titles, ex: Code Geass season 1 is titled Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion and season 2 is titled Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2. It is important to place those second seasons in a separate folder with the proper name and title them S01E01, 2, 3 etc. as well. You can name second seasons, S02E01, 2, 3 etc but you will have to scrape it using TheTVDb scraper, otherwise you will have doubles of season 1 using the AniDB.net scraper.

@rickyman I've found that if you scrape a large number of shows consecutively, AniDB.net will ban you for a limited time, this is to prevent exceeding bandwidth. Just wait 30 min to an hour and you should be good. This makes scraping take longer if shows are not named properly. I've also found that if you disable the "Use Google Search", it will let you scrape consecutively, no problem, although you may have trouble finding every show.

(I may be wrong on some of this but it does works for me, I'm using KODI Helix 14.2)

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by PryMatrix - 2015-11-08, 01:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8