Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
(2016-02-12, 12:02)gates Wrote: Hi crazygambit,

I think you can find the answer on the very first post of this thread.

Special EP are mapped with Season 0.

Right, I understood that. What I didn't understand is what the episode number should be, like what is it matched against and how it works on a show with more than 1 "season". I'm thinking it's picking those up from the TVDB? It's very confusing on those shows.

Take Saint Seiya for example. I have Saint Seiya, then the Hades Chapter Sanctuary, Hades Chapter Inferno, Hades Chapter Elysium and the Lost Canvas each as their own separate show. Why? Because that's how there were released (the episodes on each of those shows started as 01) and I loath to rename stuff. To get that to work in the original Saint Seiya would be to rename episode 1 from Hades Chapter Sanctuary as episode 115 and so on, which I'm not prepared to do. So for that show I'm using this scraper.

Now about the specials. What I did here was place them all in the original Saint Seiya folder and named them according to the TVDB. It's easy in this case since there are only 5 movies. It's annoying when you have something like Special 01 and Movie 01 and have to rename them to fit the TVDB ordering, though to be honest I can't really think of a better solution. Special 6 is The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary: Myth of the resurrected Gold Saints (Part 1), which I want to group with the Hades Chapter Sanctuary show. With the TVDB scraper it's impossible, with this there may be a chance, but like I said at the beginning I'm not sure how it treats specials.

Like what should I name special 6 so it's picked up as special 1 from Hades Chapter Sanctuary? In my limited testing specials seem to appear as individual shows. Like each movie would be it's own show, which is not what I want. Unless you can do something akin to movie sets on tv shows on kodi? I'm thinking not. Therefore I'd like to understand how you guys are dealing with this issue because so far I don't get it.

The set of regexes I made are already pretty good at assigning Season 0 to any file placed in a "Specials" folder, so I've got that part covered. What the actual episode number should be and in which show it shows up is where it gets tricky.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by crazygambit - 2016-02-12, 15:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8