Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
(2017-04-19, 09:53)gates Wrote: it is not related to the scrapper.
Kodi (itself) try to scan all the show it dont know (even if already seen/failed), and use the configured scraper

This is a bad news. Why KODI has this stupid behaviour by default? Is there a mod or add on for Kodi that can avoid this useless behaviour? Rescanning all files all the times is demanding for my hd and I risk to be banned from AniDB!

Quote:I have 150+ anime/mangas, and they are all recognized.
Maybe you have to rename the failed anime with anidDB "main title" of the show

This is not feasible for me. I have more than two thousands files and most of them have a japanese title. I have no idea what they are. This a task too demanding for doing it manually. This is why a scraper is needed.
If the scraper was smarter (for example avoiding to include in the search the fansub group or the video details like codec used, mp4, sub, dub, eng, 480p, dvd, etc. or any other common tag in the file name, and it would interpret season and episodes numbers translating them to the standard S00E000 format, and using releases lists from releaser groups like XEM does) then the problem would not exist. But instead it sends the plain title as a search string to AniDB with no processing and consequently a lot of anime titles are not recognized just because there are fansub groups names in it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by OtomoAkira - 2017-04-21, 13:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8