Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
(2018-01-02, 20:14)amornik Wrote: OK, so using Shoko server and Nakamori helped recognize 1 show, stein's gate, but even this solution will not recognize mob psycho 100. i'm giving up here....sigh.

What happens when you manually scrap the individual folder?
To add shows 1 at a time you view them in folder view and then you can press C on the item and then you can select scan for new content or something simular to scrap just that one item. If the adnidb scraper can not find the show is should prompt you to select from some different possible options, there might even be an option to type something in and search manually at that point but I do not remember.

Regardless there is 1 method that works 100% of the time, I use this method in addition to proper naming to ensure that the show is always scrapped correctly. This is very useful for large imports or when a lot of entries have the same name with only one or two words difference and are obscure such as separate OVA entries.

Create a file called tvshow.nfo with:

aid=[value]

You get this data from the url in anidb.

For example you will notice that on anidb a search for Mob Psycho 100 returns 2 different possible shows:

Mob Psycho 100
and
Mob Psycho 100 Reigen: Shirarezaru Kiseki no Reinouryokusha

Lets say that you have both of these in your anime library that you want to import. The second one will likely import just fine because the long name is very unique but the first option can sometimes cause you to get a prompt and select the correct option if you were importing it by itself manually.

These shows are at the following urls:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sho...&aid=11803

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sho...&aid=13527

If you create a file called tvshow.nfo with the content "aid=11803" it will cause anything in that folder to be scraped as "Mob Psycho 100".

Likewise if you create a file called tvshow.nfo with the content "aid=13527" it will cause anything in that folder to be scraped as "Mob Psycho 100 Reigen: Shirarezaru Kiseki no Reinouryokusha".

In the end for very large collections there is two options to scrap in shows:

1) You scrap each one that filed the large import 1 at a time manually as to ensure it goes to the correct thing.

2) You create a tvshow.nfo file with the correct content in the folder for each show and never worry about this again.

I highly recommend the tvshow.nfo solution because it just works with this method in the future if you needed to re-import everything it could be done simply and automatically without manual intervention. If you have a ton of shows it can be a drag to do but it is worth it in the end. Then as you add new shows to your collection it is just part of the process... create folder, create nfo file, add episodes. 

If you need more explanation of the nfo files let me know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by ZERO <ibis> - 2018-01-03, 13:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8