Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
(2018-03-05, 12:23)animeta150 Wrote:
(2018-03-05, 10:12)chibichiii Wrote: How do I properly name an anime movie series? Kara no Kyoukai specifically.
I would suggest using this link: https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=82099&lid=7
You can rename the series after their seasons like this SXXEXX and than set content to TV Shows - Tvdb
Should scan your series without a problem then.  
(2018-03-05, 10:15)Karellen Wrote: This might come in handy. A guide on how to rename the Seasons inside Kodi... https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename
  I meant how would I name the files for this specific (AniDB) scaper? 
Well there's the thing, I couldn't get the AniDB scraper to work anymore. It used to work but that was 2 years ago by now for me at least.
So the only way to use the anidb.net data was trough the Tiny Media Manager Karralen suggested to me but this is a whole seperate program that creates nfo files for each episode and than let's you scan it on local information in kodi.
That's why I suggested to rename your files according to thetvdb.com and scan with tvdb instead.

According to some of the other people's posts they also use tvshows.nfo files instead to scan their animes but from my experience it finds the series but than cannot retrieve any metadata or import any episodes. I have tried every possible episode numbering I could find even used the anidb applet to rename the files in an attempt to make this scraper find the episodes but it remained sporadic. Some of the episodes were found others simply refused.

Than I read this entire thread and somewhere along the way I read that this scraper simply matched the anidb.net id with the tvdb id trough an xml file, however that sort off makes this scraper obsolete if you simply use a bulk renamer and stick to the episode numbering from thetvdb.com instead right? Because if the particular anime you're trying to scan has not been matched on the xml file than you're anime episodes simply will not be scraped with this scraper.

So that leaves 2 possibilities, either use the Tiny Media Manager and create nfo files for the episodes and scan using local information, or use the episode numbering from the tvdb and rename the episode in the SXXEXX format.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by chibichiii - 2018-03-05, 20:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8