Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
@fighuass
I have already tried to explain a solution to you, however you said you did not wish to rename your files and therefor it cannot and will not work with this modded version of the anidb scraper.
You said it worked prior, which can be explained because the scraper was different then, it was not connected to the tvdb.com.
It's quite simple to fix it by renaming a few files and setting the scrapers to themoviedb and tvdb.com instead and I would seriously advice to do so because this scraper has not been updated for nearly 3 years now and most likely will not be updated anymore either. Therefor looking for alternative methods to fix your scanning would be advisable. Zero advised a great programm to me called Tiny Media Manager, which actually connects to AniDB and let's you create working nfo files. My manual nfo files did not work either. That way you can set your scraper to local information only and it will be scraped properly as well if you wish not to rename your files Tiny Media Manager might be your best option.

@chrisssj2
Unfortunately you are correct, the AniDB mod get's you banned from AniDB if you scan too many series at once because it is recognized as a bot and to spare server capacity it's locked out.
Therefor if you wish to scan them with the AniDB mod you will have to scan them manually one by one. Don't worry the ban only lasts for 24 hours.
As I already stated above in my answer to fighuass, the mod however has not been updated for about 3 years now and is not very likely to be updated anymore because the scanning with tvdb and moviedb is working for most anime's with a little renaming of the files. If you have a lot of anime's I'd advice you to try Tiny Media Manager and create nfo files with it to scan local information. It's more correct and a lot less hassle than to use this mod unfortunately.

@Ghakizu 
I believe if you add a S01E01 to your episodes it should recognize the series properly. As for the nfo, for me manually adding an nfo file did not work either so I used Tiny Media Manager and than the nfo files work if you set your scraper to local information instead of anidb mod.

I have a personal collection of about 300 anime's which I tried to scan with the mod for several days I had errors, bans, unrecognized files etc. eventually I have looked up every Anime i had on thetvdb.com and renamed the series and files to their standards with SxxExx instead of anything else (Using Bulk rename Utility). This was quite the task but now for 2 years my anime scans flawlessly with the tvdb scraper. For the anime's I could not find on tvdb.com and/or movies I have used Tiny Media Manager and added .nfo files for the information instead. Those folders I had to scan seperately in kodi by placing them on local information only.
(But be aware that most movies and Ova's are placed under specials for thetvdb.com, which means they are named S00Exx so they can often be scanned as part of a series if you just look up the correct special number.)
Now I have all my anime's added to my library. Was quite the chore but it's worth it in the long run to not having to rely on a 3rd party scraper that's no longer maintained.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by chibichiii - 2018-08-02, 10:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8