Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
(2020-02-15, 14:07)scudlee Wrote: Okay, so quick update,  I've tidied the code up, and I've added in a setting to "Fetch Ratings" (@stylus7), and also added a "Use Pre-Krypton ratings" option (@NemRe ) (ehh... I figure, why not?).
I've also expanded the filtering of "based on" to all opening lines starting with a "*", and added a setting ("Keep source line in plot") to allow you to remove it completely (@stylus7 ).  I like having it at the end, so the default is true.

I'm a little behind where I wanted to be, as I foolishly rescanned my entire library and got myself banned from anidb (twice!).  The second time even after cranking the delay parameter way up.  So, fair warning to anyone planning on doing a full rescan.
Note the delay parameter is a measure of how much busywork the scraper does during a scrape to slow it down, not a direct measure of time. The more powerful your processor, the higher it needs to be to have any noticeable effect.  Even 250 for me was only adding less than 0.2s delay.  You may want that to be in 1-2 second range to be safe, especially if you have a lot of series with only a few episodes each. (It's also non-linear, so larger numbers should dramatically increase the delay.  In theory.)

Expect the scraper updates early Monday.
Oh wow, have not been on in a while and glad to see there was an update. Will be getting that installed after I upgrade Kodi to latest version for sure!

Hopefully you can do some more work in improving the delay function to avoid bans. As I have stated in the past even setting it to crazy high numbers like 9999999999 will not help you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by scudlee - 2013-10-12, 17:42
RE: [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies - by ZERO <ibis> - 2020-08-12, 04:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8