Linux Airplay audio stops after 15 seconds
Question 
Hi there,

Airplay audio on my Linux XBMC stops playing after exactly 15 seconds (time hits 0:15)
- I'm using a self built binary from git (6e6c651ebf2374769456b94e618f8bc26bc47930 / Wed Oct 17 11:56:14 2012 -0700)
- I am trying to stream audio from Mac iTunes 10.7
- Airplay video works fine to XBMC
- Airplay to another non-XBMC device works fine

I've posted the log output from when the audio is playing, until it stops.
http://pastebin.com/wZKcBiap

Does anybody have any idea what could be going wrong?
What about airplaying music from an iDevice to XBMC or by using a iTunes 1.6 version?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hey I wanted to jump in here, airplay has been really spotty for the last while for me -- using the nightly repo's, it hasnt worked at ALL in months. But I just gave it a shot this evening, stuff is working again! Just to be clear, I dont know WHEN it started working again. But as of today (oct 18) these are the remaining issues I could find from some testing:

iTunes PC (10.7.0.21) -- Streams 15 seconds exactly and crashes.
iTunes OSX - Same, 15 seconds and crash.
iPod touch -- works awesome
Android phone - using iMediashare app... works awesome

By crashes, I mean that I have to ssh into the xbmc box and killall -9 xbmc.bin. If I had to guess the problem's coming from itunes now.
And you are talking about streaming music only i guess?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz: thanks for your response.
iamthemarmot: I'm glad someone else is reproducing the same issue.

Streaming music from my iPhone 5.0.1 -> XBMC plays fine.

Unfortunately, I don't have another computer with an iTunes to try out. Is there anything I can try? Updated lib?
nope - nobody maintains the code for libshairport (which is used for receiving the airplay audio stuff). If someone got a windows with xbmc. There we are using a different lib for airtunes - would be nice to know if it plays the itunes 10.7 streams...
Thanks for your input. I hope a developer can reproduce the issue and is interested in getting the issue fixed Smile Should I submit this to the bugtracker?
You don't have windows for trying XBMC out there?
I'll try installing the latest built XBMC for Windows nightly and report back with my results.
I had the same issue running xbmc archlinux. The reason seems to be an outdated / unmaintained version of libshairport.

Therefore I removed the libshairport package completely and reinstalled it from the xbmc/lib directory:
cd xbmc/lib/libshairport
make && sudo make install
sudo chmod o+rx /usr/local/include/shairport
sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libshairport.so.0 /usr/lib

Finally rebuild xbmc and it works again.
Thanks cfetzer, ill give this a try!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay audio stops after 15 seconds0