[RELEASE] Apple Itunes Podcast Browser (video/audio plugin)
(2018-10-11, 20:06)tofen Wrote: I'm having a lot of issues opening certain podcasts with this add-on lately. Some have never worked, but some I know I have listened to a bunch of times before without any issue.
All of them seems to give the same error in the log file:

Code:
19:51:41.135 T:2500   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Glenn\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.itunes_podcasts\addon.py", line 305, in <module>
                                                plugin.notify(msg=_('network_error'))
                                              File "C:\Users\Glenn\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\xbmcmixin.py", line 300, in notify
                                                (msg, title, delay, image))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:51:41.200 T:3036   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.itunes_podcasts/video/podcast/items/1208492513/
19:51:41.202 T:3036   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.itunes_podcasts/video/podcast/items/1208492513/) failed

It seems it's a certain character that it can't figure out. Anyone who can help me solve this?
I'd very much appreciate if someone was willing to give this a crack. Thanks'!

That's the error they give you, but the underlying issue is that urllib2 is old. I had podcasts that weren't working with all ascii characters, the real problem is that urllib2 isn't up-to-date enough to verify SSL connections from some websites. I was able to fix it using urllib3, but I don't know how to submit the update.

Was able to see the varvet and varvet international podcasts after updating as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Apple Itunes Podcast Browser (video/audio plugin) - by LittleTinkTink - 2019-05-06, 05:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Apple Itunes Podcast Browser (video/audio plugin)4