jailbreak/xbmc install
Not being very experienced with my mac and installing a new router I somehow managed to lose xbmc and associated software from my atv2,so I went to iTunes and restored the atv2 to the original factory settings then proceeded to jailbreak useing seasonpass how ever when I try to install xvmc I get the following message please ensure your device is jailbroken and you have openSSH installed this package can only be found by searching in cydia.IT sounds as if the jailbreaking did not happen,I've run this procedure about 4 times now with the same result.When atv2 is connected to my mac it opens with netflix and associated software.Can some one please advise/help.
What method are you using to jailbreak?
I am using seas0n pass for mac,noticed today that the firmware for the atv2 after returning to factory settings is 5.1.
Regards Ray
At what point are you seeing the message "please ensure your device is jailbroken and you have openSSH installed this package can only be found by searching in cydia."?
When I click on download in xbmc the disc runs as if it is downloading then after about 20 secs the message appears.When I try to download it from into installer it just says make sure your device is jail broken.When I have run sea0npass every thing seems to work ok and at the end of the jailbreak the square box has a tick in it and the word done.
It sounds like you are using the Nito installer for Mac? If so, try installing it via SSH: HOW-TO:Install XBMC on Apple TV 2 (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
jailbreak/xbmc install0