[Windows 8] XBMC Remote
Hi

Thx for the bug report. Update will be in store around beginning of next week.

Abdruggi
awesome thanks, looking forward to it!
another issue - previews not working for movies. not as important as the music for me...
(2013-02-23, 10:00)moad Wrote: another issue - previews not working for movies. not as important as the music for me...

Thx. Next version will fix that bug.
@moad. Update is in store. Thx for the bug reports. appreciated.
Hi, I can't get connection to work with xbmc. xbmc web settings are like in setup instructions but still cant get connection. If I open browser directly I can access site. How to get connection work?

I have windows 8 x64 and newest xbmc release.

Thanks, Matti
Hi matti, have you installed xbmc and xbmc remote on the same pc?
Yes its installed on same pc.
Metro apps aren't allowed to connect to localhost in Windows 8. You can setup your router to forward the port back to your pc or enable loopback http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...80593.aspx
Just installed windows 8 on my tablet and went looking for an XBMC remote. Tried all of them that I could find. Yours is by far the best - really loving it so far! Smile

The only thing I would like to see that I haven't been able to find is the ability to sort my movies in reverse order by the date of the file (not the movie release date) -- I use this mode in XBMC a lot to find the most recently added movies...
One more thing I just noticed - if I'm on the remote screen in the app and I use my infrared remote to pause/play/etc XBMC, the remote app's screen doesn't pick up the change. It only detects the change if I exit out of the remote screen and re-enter. It would be nice if it kept sync with the XBMC state, even if I use a different remote for a while...
i will try to add the ordering for the next version. will be in store this week.

to stay in sync the app has to poll frequently. once every secend. i decided to track events localy. i will try to integrate sever side events (with eden) to solve your problem. but i do not hava any experience with that xbmc feature. i will post a status update around end of the week.
Thanks a bunch!
One more thing I just noticed -- when you are in the movie list and tap on a movie to select the movie details page -- if you then click back, you are placed at the beginning of the movie list, which is a bit of a pain. I have a LARGE list of movies and if I am browsing them and want to see details and then go back, when I jump back it should place me in the movie list exactly where I left off. Otherwise I have to scroll through the whole list again to find where I left off...
will also be included in the next release. thx for the feedback:-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows 8] XBMC Remote2