Banner and poster sizes
Hi
Coming on in leaps and bounds now, learning loads and really starting to enjoy the process.

Quick question.

I'm working on a few views that use posters and banners but keep bumping into aspect ratio issues.

What are the the default sizes for the banners and posters and how do I maintain the correct aspect ratio as it drives me nuts when they don't look right lol (a little OCD).
Old newbie trying his hardest to get his head around skinning lol, expect loads of questions :-)

It may be hard but the challenge of learning something new is fun :-)
From tvdb -

Banners 758 x 140
Posters 680x1000
What's the best way to maintain the correct ratio when resizing?
Old newbie trying his hardest to get his head around skinning lol, expect loads of questions :-)

<aspect>keep</aspect>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

But the best aspect setting depends on the view... I mostly use scale for posters.
Yup, scale does the same but crops rather than restricting to within the box. This is all detailed on the wiki - please feel free to supply some pictures of the different ones for the wiki if the explanations given there aren't enough Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Aspect_Ratio
Thanks for the info guys especially the sizes.

To ensure I had the right ratio I was creating a blank poster / canvas at the size listed in code in paint.net or gimp and resizing it with the maintain ratio option on to get the desired size I wanted at the correct ratio.

So if I wanted a poster to be 150 high could I just set the height and use the ratio keep option and I wouldn't have to worry about setting the width?

Depends on the situation.
In a horizontal grouplist, the width set in the control could decide the space between images, if set wider than the actual image (using keep).
But if there is nothing "touching" the image, then the width set in the control is not that important.

Also:
I prefer scale for posters. As the clipping is usually just a few pixels. Not as extreme as the example.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Banner and poster sizes 0