SD Sound & Harmony Remote not working
Hi!

Yesterday I decided to make the switch to XBMCBuntu, because I was just getting tired of Windows 7 and it's overloading of my system.

I checked if my system would be capable for a good transfer and found a lot of how-to's on how to get everything to work.

Since I have no experience at all with Linux, it was a bit of messing around, but I managed to get most of it up and running.

I own an Antec Fusion Box with a iMon VFD display built-in. I managed to get it to display-stuff, which isn't half as cool as the windows-applications capabilities, but okay.

I am left with two (important) issues:

Af first the sound didn't work at all, but that was because I had an onboard-soundcard and a soundcard built-in my Ati Radeon HD 5450. When I figured out how to disable these two (respectively in the bios and in the blacklist.conf) I got one step further:

Now the sounds works, but only in HD-movies where the soundstream is either DTS or Dolby Digital, everything else (including linux-system-sounds, youtube, etc.) does not work. My Antec-box is connected with a SPDIF-cable to my LG Receiver.

When I play a HD movie with a DTS-stream, a little red DTS-logo on my receiver goes on, which means everything okay. Usually, when I play something else after that (SD-content with an MP3-stream for example) that red light switches off, because it's a normal soundstream. But now, that red light stays on. Which means the receiver isn't even receiving a new soundstream.

The brand of the soundcard is C-Media which is listed in the configuration as cmipci. In the current configuration it's the only sounddriver available. I have checked alsamixer and raised all the volumes, that are raisable but with no effect.

My second problem is my harmony 555 remote. I hoped that when I got my iMon VFD to live again, the harmony remote's signals would also be recognized again. I have LCDproc and Lirc installed and as I said, once XBMC starts, the screen starts rambling about everything that goes on on the screen. So that works fine.

- edit 10:48 PM: I am able to wake up my PC from hibernation using the remote. So it's not like the IR-receiver isn't working.

Any help would be appreciated, cause I love how stable XBMCBuntu is, but without sound and a remote, we can't call it a media center Smile
TV: Panasonic L32E5
AVR: Panasonic BTT282
HTPC: Antec Fusion 430 Silver - Antec Earthwatts EA-500D Green - Asrock A75M-HVS - AMD A8-3870K - Scythe Ninja Rev. B - Kingston 2x4 GB 1866Mhz - Crucial M4 SSD 64GB - OS: Windows 8 x64
REMOTE: Logitech Harmony 555
STORAGE: Synology DS211 [2TB]
GAMING: PS3 Classic 80GB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SD Sound & Harmony Remote not working0