AC3 audio passthrough issue on Eden
I just upgraded my XMBC setup to Eden (11.0) on my HTPC and now I'm not getting any AC3 audio to passthough anymore. This was working on before when I was running Dharma (10.1). I'm running on an Acer Aspire Revo with Windows 7. I have it setup to pass the audio through HDMI to my Sharp TV (and then onto my Sony Blu-Ray player/audio system). If I uncheck the option in XBMC to say that it's an ac3 (dolby digital) capable device then I will get audio playing fine (except it's stereo sound and not 5.1 surround sound). If I check that option, it will give and "unable to initialize audio" error message and will be silent. So this seems to be an issue only with the audio passthrough. Also if I play the mp4 file outside of XBMC using the standard windows media player, it will play the 5.1 audio just fine, so there isn't a driver issue or a Windows setup issue happening.

In researching the issue some I came across some audio config screens of XBMC (in Eden I believe) that show two driver settings at the bottom. One for standard audio and the other for audio passthrough. However when I go to the System - System - Audio screen I only see one option for driver at the bottom (which is the way it was before in Dharma). I'm wondering if my install got messed up somehow. Should I be seeing those two options at the bottom? If so, how can I fix this? If not, any other ideas why my passthrough audio is failing?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AC3 audio passthrough issue on Eden0