Bug Log off from Home screen not working
Hi,

today I noticed that when using the Confluence skin (did not try any other by the way), I can no longer log off a profile from the Home Screen. When I select Log Off from the menu, I return to the main Home Screen. I can however load a different profile from the Profile Settings in XBMC.

I tried it on 3 different (Windows) XBMC instances. Anyone else with this issue?
Which XBMC version/build?
(2012-11-09, 21:17)artrafael Wrote: Which XBMC version/build?

Ok, now I feel dumb! Should have sit down properly writing this up! It was the Windows A7 build.

I have the master account and a MySQL account (with a MySQL backend).
Do you have the login screen disabled (i.e. you have XBMC start up directly into the last loaded profile)?

Because this commit removed the ability to get to the login screen if you have it disabled on startup. Don't quite understand why that's not allowed, but there you go...
(2012-11-09, 22:59)scudlee Wrote: Do you have the login screen disabled (i.e. you have XBMC start up directly into the last loaded profile)?

Because this commit removed the ability to get to the login screen if you have it disabled on startup. Don't quite understand why that's not allowed, but there you go...

That a strange move in my opinion. I guess the button should then be removed from the skin in that case?
Hmmm, I guess it depends on how we view it. Is it "disable login screen completely" or is it "disable login screen at start up". I've always thought of the option as just being disabling/enabling it at start up, so it would make sense to me to be able to disable (at start up) it but still use it later on, like you've been doing before. *shrug*
(2012-11-10, 10:48)Ned Scott Wrote: Hmmm, I guess it depends on how we view it. Is it "disable login screen completely" or is it "disable login screen at start up". I've always thought of the option as just being disabling/enabling it at start up, so it would make sense to me to be able to disable (at start up) it but still use it later on, like you've been doing before. *shrug*

I agree with the view that it should be "Login screen disabled at startup", so it would load the last selected profile. Then the user should still be able to switch profiles from the homescreen. So I would prefer it to be back, or, if the XBMC dev team does not share this view, at least remove the "log off" option from the home screen if you have the "login screen" setting set to not show the login screen. It is confusing right now.
See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/9ee5...nt-2201475
reverted in next nightly.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-11-26, 21:54)Memphiz Wrote: reverted in next nightly.

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Log off from Home screen not working0