• 26(current)
Confluence Modified
I really like this skin, it's simplicity and similarity to original. I don't want to be rude, it's only my personal opinion, but I don't like new shutdown menu item. I share xbmc with my family and I tend to hide complicated nature of xbmc. I rarely use shutdown because xbmc runs all day, and my family didn't know it exists in xbmc...till now Smile
I understand you do it for yourself, but I think you should know opinions of other users.
You did many changes in this skin during last year and as I remember this one is the most criticized by many people.
Thanks for v1.1.1 - the menu is looking a lot less cluttered now, and most things seem to be working as they should although I've had two devices (one Frodo, one Gotham, both R-Pi) stuck on a dimmed screen while using the "Dim" screensaver and only a restart of XBMC could fix it. Maybe this was caused by the skin update, will need to keep an eye on that.

However, please take previous comments as constructive criticism - I still think the new skin widgets layout lacks sophistication and tends to be a little overpowering. That's not to say it's bad, just it could be better by toning it down a touch.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Now everything is PERFECT!!!!! Shutdown and Favourites button in the right of the screen is visionary!!!! Do not change nothing!!!!! THX!!!!
Dimmed interface - I have it always after upgrading skin, and must restart.
What, RPi having bugs, that cannot be.. Haven't seen this issue myself with OSX.

Skin updates force a nasty looking skin refresh, so the first step would be to reboot/restart.
(2013-09-23, 12:41)Marx1 Wrote: Dimmed interface - I have it always after upgrading skin, and must restart.

having the same problem here, I simply swithched to another skin then back again to Confluence Modified instead of restart. This is happening in my raspberry/openelec (3.2). Now I've disabled the screensaver, hope this solves temporarily the problem.

As a side note, this skin is the best one, I tried many but this one is fantastic.
(2013-09-20, 22:42)MilhouseVH Wrote: 5) The page up/page down buttons on a remote control (channel up/down) don't work within the Skin settings (they work as expected elsewhere in Settings) so navigating a long list in the Skin settings is more tedious than it needs to be.

This is a complete mystery to me as pageup and pageup work fine elsewhere in the skin. Pageup and pagedown do not work even in the stock Confluence's skin settings.
hope this is the right forum this time, im having a little bit of a hard time here. im using the confluence customizable mod skin, and im trying to replace the default "guitars on fire" background WHILE music is playing. just want to insert a custom (or a few custom) picture. i already have customs for the music screen. just really hate those flaming guitars hahaha. thanks in advance
Confluence customizable mod is not this skin, but just in case you just got the names mixed:

Order in which it decides what to show as a background

- If artist slideshow is enabled it will use it as background for home globally, so not just music item
- If you have fanart in your library for the currently playing music and haven't enabled "hide background fanart" in the skin settings, it will show the fanart from your library
- If you enable "hide background fanart" and set custom backgrounds under "backgrounds customizer" it will show these
- If all above are false it will show the default guitars on fire

That's the way it's supposed to work anyways.
I miss favourites button in menu. Now we have above small button together with power button. I think favourites button in menu is ok and should come back. Of course it should be possible to hide it in options
(2013-09-25, 18:46)Marx1 Wrote: I miss favourites button in menu. Now we have above small button together with power button. I think favourites button in menu is ok and should come back. Of course it should be possible to hide it in options
favourites button in menu is NOT ok
If it's optional - it's ok. I had it for about a year and used it intensively. Now it's absent Sad
Now I can only add plugin square, but there is no option to fast access specific series in plugin.
I can teach family how to access favourites now but it's placed near power off button. I'm sure they switch off xbmc accidentally sooner or later....
can someone tell me please where i can find the Xbmc logo at the top left corner on home screen? id like to change it to my last name....lol i know sounds corny but i like my stuff customized like that! i looked in home.xml but cannot find it at allHuh please i would be so appreciative.
After the update, I sometimes have the problem that my homepage video/music adons shortcuts disappear. When I activate one of the addons via e.g. Video -> Addons -> youtube, they come back as shortcuts.
Hi,
reverted back to frodo 12.2,CM works really great!
Thanks for your job!
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Modified4