• 79(current)
v13 Xperience1080 2.x
Hey Black,

First I want to say I am still using your skin, its still the best skin I have ever used. Keep up the great work!

With that said during my usual biweekly browse of this thread the first thing I noticed today was the screenshot two posts above mine here, posted by area51 Post #1169. What I want to know is if you look at the bottom of the screenshot, where it says "Neue Filme" instead of having the usual 6 dots that you can scroll through to see newly listed things and such, instead it appears to be a scroll bar.

Are my eyes deceiving me or does the latest git version have an option somewhere to use a scroll bar instead of the 6 dots? If so is it an option somewhere because I installed the latest git version and I am not seeing any change. Any information you can provide would be appreciative.

Thanks again for your time, and keep up the great work!

-Stangmar
Latest git offers some new things:
  • 10 items instead of 6 in each widget
  • You can change each widget (focus the widget and press backspace on home or go to settings -> skin -> home -> manage custom home widgets)
    • Smart playlist (script.randomandlastitems required)
    • Popular movies, top rated, upcoming or now playing (data from themoviedb.org, script.extendedinfo required)
    • Trending movies or shows (data from trakt.tv, script.extendedinfo required)

Since there would be a ton of conditions required now for each dot and I would have to increase it to 10 dots which is a little too wide for some widgets (ongoing tv shows, new movies), I changed the dots to a scrollbar which saved a lot of code.

If you don't see any change with the latest git, you didn't install it properly. Make sure you do that manually, extract the .zip file, rename the folder to skin.xperience1080 and copy/paste it to the addons folder. Or go the easy way, clone it from git and you can really easy pull any new updates (may not be as easy as first but updating is much easier and faster).
Thanks so much Black, boy do I feel silly. That will teach me for not paying attention when doing this at 4am.

As always, your fantastic Black.Come next payday you can expect another donation from me, think of it a self imposed continued license fee that I want to pay Smile.

-Stangmar
Hey Black, i like the pause menu in the immersive skin and think something like that fits your skin too...
Maybe with a progressbar round the pause icon like on the home screen...
*drool*
This skin is absolutely amazing.

I have one request though, is there any chance someone can add support for the advanced features of the ozweather add-on?

I want to be able to see the weather radar like shown in the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Oz_Weather

People have already created files for Confluence (Frodo) and i copied the files into xperience1080 and it works for the most part, it just needs some style changes id imagine.
Great skin.

I was using it happily in windows before, but have now moved to OpenElec, and the program information seems to be missing in the EPG:Timeline.

Is there an easy way to turn on the program descriptions?

TBH, I don't know much about what settings you can change in the skin. Is there some sort of guide? I've heard about the Metro interface, but I don't know what it is (ah, after a quick google search, I assume it is the tile like home screen)... I'm sure there is loads I'm missing out on.
Hi Black,

I thought that I would ask the man direct is there any future thoughts regarding music videos? I honestly think that music videos are more important than MP3's simply because you can download and install an album on XBMC within minutes and have say 10 songs straight away. Yet with music video's you might want just one or two from an album or an artist and then you need to have much more time regarding music video selections. As you would really be creating your own MTV.

Regards

Mark
The priority for music videos is very, very, very low. However in the next update the info dialog will work with music videos but that's just about it for now.
Cheers for the reply Black I can appreciate that you like others work hard on XBMC. I am finding new stuff such as VoxCommando to play with and new tricks to make XBMC tweaked a bit more. Although you say that music video is very very very low but using an example not just for a skin, but also XBMC but using the command VoxCommando Party Mode as a voice command, and just using party mode as in general if you have 1,000 albums x 10 songs = 10,000 tracks. On average 2 of those 10 songs will get released off the album, so 1,000 x 2 songs so 2,000 tracks might be the more catchier tunes that you wish to play at a party. Those 2,000 songs you might have downloaded as music videos, the other 8,000 are tracks that you might not like. Music videos not just from this skin but also XBMC and party mode are more important than some will give credit for.
Yes but it has to be done differently. XBMC doesn't need the music video section. You should be able to play video right off the song list in the music section. So there is maybe a small indicator if a video is present and you can choose to play it or play just the song. You should also be able to choose if XBMC should automatically play the video if available in the music visualisation so if you have a party playlist it automatically plays the videos. Additionally a script could allow to play videos directly from YouTube if there is no local video present.
Sorry for to be offtopic, but what Script do you mean with:

(2013-05-10, 23:18)`Black Wrote: Additionally a script could allow to play videos directly from YouTube if there is no local video present.

Sounds very nice Big Grin
I wrote could so there is no such script available yet.
(2013-05-10, 20:48)sausageman Wrote: Great skin.

I was using it happily in windows before, but have now moved to OpenElec, and the program information seems to be missing in the EPG:Timeline.

Is there an easy way to turn on the program descriptions?

TBH, I don't know much about what settings you can change in the skin. Is there some sort of guide? I've heard about the Metro interface, but I don't know what it is (ah, after a quick google search, I assume it is the tile like home screen)... I'm sure there is loads I'm missing out on.

Hi Black,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there a way to turn on the program descriptions at the bottom of the EPG:Timeline? I'm sure I had it when using windows, and have seen it in screenshots. It's a great feature that is a must for me, seeing as I use XBMC as my pvr.

Thanks
There is no way because they are on by default and you can't disable them. It's working fine here with OpenELEC and Tvheadend so you either use the wrong skin version (googlecode repo instead of github) or there is something wrong with your pvr setup.
I followed these instructions again (Deinstalling everything this time), and I'm still missing the timeline details.

I did try another Xperience skin(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150116) which I also removed before trying this.

Quote:How to install:
  • Download XBMC 12.1 “Frodo”
  • Download the new repository: repository.blacks-2.0.zip
  • In XBMC browse to Add-ons > Install from ZIP file > Navigate to where you saved repository.blacks-2.0.zip and Install
  • If you have the old skin installed, do a force refresh of the repo after install... if that doesn't work:
    • Deinstall the old repository
    • Deinstall the old/current skin and rename/remove guisettings.xml (XBMC will create a new one)
    • Reinstall new repo
  • Go to Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Black's Repository > Skin and install the skin.
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience1080 2.x22