• 29(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
(2013-07-24, 19:00)greg_p Wrote: So, I have tried playing as movie from the local c: drive instead of the network Z: drive, no change. I have changed the sound to Audio Output Device WASAPI: Realtek Digital Output, no change. I have played around with the video render method from auto detect to DXVA and DXVA2, and no change. I am still getting the stuttering during playback. Any more suggestions? I am at a loss
Have you tried enabling:

Adjust display refresh rate to match video

and

Sync playback to display

trying the various options of sync method starting with Video Clock
(2013-07-24, 17:51)jjd-uk Wrote: Please check again and if still the same then post a debug log and a screenshot of your audio settings, with Audio Output set to Analog there is no way you should be getting DTS on the AVR.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=39343
Hi jjd-uk
You were correct, when I switch to analog the avr still gets a DTS signal but if i stop/restart the video then the avr gets the analog signal. Did I mention that everything else plays fine, it's just videos with DTS HD that are stuttering.
Sorry a bit confused now, when is everything fine (excluding DTS-HD)? as my my next bit of advice will depend a lot on whether it only works with:

Audio Output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio output device: Directsound: SPDIF Interface

or whether you can also get it working with:

Audio output device: WASAPI: SPDIF Interface
(2013-07-26, 15:38)jjd-uk Wrote: Sorry a bit confused now, when is everything fine (excluding DTS-HD)? as my my next bit of advice will depend a lot on whether it only works with:

or whether you can also get it working with:

Sorry for the confusion, I'm very green at this. All my other videos play fine ie: 1080p/720p/ DTS/DD It's just the DTS HD that's a problem. Btw, the same movie plays ok on my other pc which uses hdmi and wasapi

This setup plays analog audio but the video is slow and sound is not in sync...

This setup plays NO audio and the video is in slowmotion
Ok, try this:

Audio Output: HDMI (yes I know you're using SPDIF)
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: Enabled
All other capable receiver settings: Disabled
Passthrough output device: Directsound: SPDIF Interface
Audio Output: HDMI (yes I know you're using SPDIF)

LoL I was surprised to see that work too.
But still no change. Video is slow and sound is a little out of sync, not as bad as analog. I tried all the options for
Audio output device: and they have NO effect..
Passthrough output device: only plays in Directsound SPDIF
I was hoping that would allow working transcoding to DD (AC3) 5.1, in order to do transcoding you need to select Audio Output to HDMI for technical reasons it's probably best not to go into since it didn't work.

I'm not really to sure where to go from here, if there's only issues with DTS-HD movies then disabling the DTS-HD option should give you the same playback as a normal DTS movie.
(2013-07-26, 17:36)jjd-uk Wrote: I was hoping that would allow working transcoding to DD (AC3) 5.1, in order to do transcoding you need to select Audio Output to HDMI for technical reasons it's probably best not to go into since it didn't work.

I'm not really to sure where to go from here, if there's only issues with DTS-HD movies then disabling the DTS-HD option should give you the same playback as a normal DTS movie.
No problem..I appreciate you trying to help. It probably needs to output HDMI for it to work properly. It did with my other PC using HDMI. I'll continue to play with it and if I come up with a solution I'll post it so it can help others. Thanks again. I learned a few things and that's always good Smile
Hi Guys,

my XBMC setup won't play Dolby TrueHD flawlessly, meaning the audio drops out often during a movie. However DTS-HD plays perfectly. If i start the movie (tried several with a TrueHD audio track) from xbmc to play with Media Player Classic it plays perfect. So i am concluding it is a problem of XBMC.
I am using Frodo 12.2 on Win7 64bit. Tried several reinstallations, also tried gotham. Both with clean profile and my backup with Aeon Nox installed. All show the same drop outs when a TrueHD track is played backSad
Any suggestion what to do about it?
(2013-07-22, 18:57)Dennis123 Wrote:
(2013-07-21, 11:24)Dennis123 Wrote: Hi everyone,

First post here. Had windows mce now for several years and totally fed up with it. Got xbmc recommended and first tried installing it with openelec without postive results. Now installed it on windows. Got it working and first setup was movies.

My problem with watching movies is that I also got the stutter, but when the movie is playing in the background, with the buttons in front of them, it's gone. Also when having it played in window version, there is no stutter. So the problem only occurs in full screen. I have tried all the differtent settings, both audio en video, but nothing works.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

I switched the screen setting from normal to .... (forgot what is it was, but another setting) and that cleared the stutter issue.

Thanks

Ok apparently it still doesn't work, but; can someone explain why the movie plays smooth when:
-it plays in the background with the menu in front of it
- or when I put xbmc in winow mode instead of full screen?

Someone?
(2013-07-28, 22:58)Dennis123 Wrote: Ok apparently it still doesn't work, but; can someone explain why the movie plays smooth when:
-it plays in the background with the menu in front of it
- or when I put xbmc in winow mode instead of full screen?

Someone?
This will be down to your video settings.

Please provide a screenshot of:

System -> Video -> Playback

& System -> System -> Video output
Hi everyone. Im new and have a few questions about distorted audio with frodo and winxp.its prob something dumb like a setting or that it wont do what Im attempting, but here goes:
Dual boot winxp and linux mint 15. Both have xbmc frodo, xp has issues.
vid card
nvidia gforce 8500 (no hdmi out)
19" monitor on dvi
46" sceptre on vga
sound:
1) onboard intel using sigmatel driver with computer speakers (set for 2.0 stereo)
2) soundblaster live using creative driver with TV speakers (set for 2.0 stereo)
TV tuner lumanati wave (no linux drivers)
MCE remote

computer setting is audio out to sigmatel (works fine. clear, no problems)

xbmc settings
audio output is analog (have tried all)
speaker config is 2.0 (have tried all)
boost vol is off (have tried both)
out to all speakers is off (have tried both)
audio output device is SB Live! 24-bit, Directsound;SB! Live 24-bit
audio pass through dimmed but also reads Error - no device found (figured no HDMI so its ok?)

What Im trying to do in windows xp is have the computer sounds & audio (other than xbmc) output to the sigmatel (seems to work fine).
Have xbmc (and everything played in it) output to the soundblaster card (xp is distorted) (linux is fine).
If I change xbmc output to sigmatel audio, Directsound; sigmatel it works on the computer speakers (all sound).
If I set it to SB Live! 24-bit, Directsound;SB! Live 24-bit its like full volume with loud background noise from the TV. (computer sounds/audio are fine on computer speakers)
I have switched both outputs (wired and in xbmc audio & both win sound settings) and the xbmc distortion/noise moves with the change.

It seems to work in the linux install and device passthrough is available. But my tuner wont work in linux
(I know buy a new computer & tuner card and go away) Big Grin

If this can be done this way with xp then I'll figure out how to post a log. Any ideas on what im doing wrong, please let me know
Thanks in advance.
I've another hdmi / audio related question.

Setup:
XBMC > AVR > speakers / TV
Everything connected over HDMI
Win 7 x64. XBMC Frodo. Intel celeron g1610 integrated hd graphics.
intel graphics driver, hd audio, mgmt engine installed
Hdmi as default sound device. Xbmc wasapi event hdmi.

Playback stutters. Every 15 min. Or so the playback gets interrupted for 2 sec. Please help.
(2013-08-11, 13:26)foo-on-air Wrote: I've another hdmi / audio related question.

Setup:
XBMC > AVR > speakers / TV
Everything connected over HDMI
Win 7 x64. XBMC Frodo. Intel celeron g1610 integrated hd graphics.
intel graphics driver, hd audio, mgmt engine installed
Hdmi as default sound device. Xbmc wasapi event hdmi.

Playback stutters. Every 15 min. Or so the playback gets interrupted for 2 sec. Please help.

That's a video sync issue I think.

The Intel graphics can't output true 23.986Hz refresh rate so that could be the cause.

Are you using video settings:

Adjust display refresh rate to match video

and

Sync playback to display
hi jjd-uk

i wasn't watching video. i was just streaming audio over hdmi. still sync-related and how to overcome it?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10