My Christmas Wishlist
Smile 
With Christmas almost upon us,...I'd like to share what I'd like to see under my Christmas Tree. Perhaps my family will get wind of this post and surprise me. Wink Besides,..I can wish can't I?
Caveat Emptor: The following "gifts" are not meant as a complete parts list,..nor am I endorsing these as compatible with each other. I'm merely acting like a greedy little HTPC child. Big Grin

Any or all of these would bring a smile to my face,..especially the big ticket items:

AMD A6-5400K APU 3.6Ghz Processor

SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX Media Center/HTPC Case ML03B (Black)

Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler (SCBSK-2100)

IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black)

Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

LG UH12LS28K LightScribe 12x SATA Blu-Ray Combo Internal Drive, Bulk (Black)

Acer Revo RL70-UR10P

Sony XBR65HX950 65-inch 240HZ 1080p 3D Internet Full-Array LED HDTV

Perixx PERIPAD-701, Wireless Touchpad with Backlit Keyboard - 6.65"x5.00"x0.30" Dimension - 2.4GHz - Up to 30 Ft Operating Range - Nano Receiver - Extra Large 4.80" Touchpad - On/Off Switch - Rechargeable Battery - Travel Bag

Microsoft Windows 8 Pro - Upgrade

Optoma HD33, 1080p, 3D Projector

and since I'll be off the week of Christmas,..I'm going to need something to watch Wink

Pirates of the Caribbean Four-Movie Collection (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Star Wars Prequel & Trilogy Saga 1 2 3 4 5 6 Complete Movie Set Bundle [Blu-Ray]
Harry Potter Years 1-7 Part 1 Gift Set [Blu-ray]
Braveheart / Gladiator (Two-Pack) [Blu-ray] (1995)
Kill Bill - Volumes 1 & 2 [Blu-ray]
The Twilight Zone Season 1-5 Bundle [Blu-ray]
Essential Holiday Collection (The Polar Express / National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation / Elf / A Christmas Story) [Blu-ray] (2008)
Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box Collection (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) (2010)

Just realized, I forgot to add this line:

So,..what part, component, computer, laptop, projector, HDTV, would make you a happy puppy if you received it as a gift for Christmas?
As I said,..you never know who reads your posts.......

Plus, I'd appreciate seeing what some of you suggest,...I might just have to buy it for myself.
The Peripad is very interesting. I use a tablet now, but the wireless network and it fight too often making it frustrating. This looks like a cool and cheap alternative.

Here are a few things I would like to find under the tree that are HTPC related.

Hitachi GST 4TB 7200 RPM

Crucial M4 256GB SATA III MLC SSD

A 2 Pack for Unraid Pro V5 (not going to make it for Christmas I don't think)

AMD A10-5700 Trinity 3.4GHz APU

And if anyone has hit the lotto and wants to randomly hook me up,

103 Panasonic Plasma
(2012-12-05, 00:27)Diggs Wrote: And if anyone has hit the lotto and wants to randomly hook me up,

103 Panasonic Plasma

You have bigger dreams than I do. The real problem is, do you have a wall big enough for that TV?
I love it how they show you how many "things" can fit inside of the screen.
It'd fit 4 of my current HDTV.

I'd love to see what that looks like playing,..oh let's say,..LOTR,..oh heck,...any movie!
Imagine how bad SDTV would look on it!

That Peripad is interesting. Pity it doesn't have some kind of dpad layout included as well.
If gift cards flow the way I hope (and probably even if they don't) I'll bee looking at getting a Vivitek D806W-3D 720p 3D projector to replace my aging Panasonic AX100u 720p projector... anyone interested in a good deal on a solid 720p projector should PM me and we can talk. I'll need an HDMI switch so my Sony S570 3D Blu-Ray player can bypass my Onkyo TX-NR1007 AVR which is only HDMI 1.3... I'll have to give up Losless Audio, but BR discs make up so little of our viewing I don't think it will be a big loss. I'll also probably pick up a pair of XPand X102-XP glasses for myself and experiment with some other glasses with hopes of finding a model that inexpensive, reliable, and rechargeable... once I figure out which ones I like best I hope to add 1-pair a month until I have 6 pairs.

What I'd like even more than the above items is some spare time to finish converting my dedicated theater room to mixed-use family room. With 3 toddlers and a new-born running around, the dedicated theater is a luxury that not all of us can take much advantage of right now... especially with speakers on stands, giant DVD shelves, Tiffany lamps, and only three seats (3-piece home theater recliners).

The recliner seats, lamps, coffee table, and end table are gone. They've been replaced by a chase-sectional and oversize ottoman. The acoustically transparent screen is completed and pre-hung, but I still need to install the Sonance THX-LCR speakers behind it before storing my other speakers and stands... unfortunately, before I do that I have a decent bit of cleaning to do in the attic to have rear access to the wall where the screen/speakers reside. After that it's boxing up all the DVDs (around 500 or so) that haven't been watched in 5-6 years and moving the shelf they reside on out to the garage. Then it's building toy boxes, toy storage, etc in the adjacent section of the room and possibly hanging a couple of sconces to replace the lamps. Not a huge project by any means, but when I only get to work on it an hour or so at a time things get stretched out quite a bit.
All I want is to be happy... and the same to everyone... Everyone thinks about material stuff....

Happy Christmas everyone..... Virtual Shots to everyone...

(2012-12-06, 18:04)Beer40oz Wrote: All I want is to be happy... and the same to everyone... Everyone thinks about material stuff....
+1.....sometime we think too much about material stuff, and we should be thinking about family instead.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
family shmamily. I want this.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VPL-VW1000ES-...ds=sony+4k
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2012-12-06, 20:10)lrusak Wrote: family shmamily. I want this.

Do you realize how close to the screen (even at 100" - 150") you would have to sit to see the benefit of 4k resolution?
(2012-12-06, 20:14)IsleOfMan Wrote:
(2012-12-06, 20:10)lrusak Wrote: family shmamily. I want this.

Do you realize how close to the screen (even at 100" - 150") you would have to sit to see the benefit of 4k resolution?

$25,000 hokie smokes batman!!!!!

BluRay's right,...I'm going to start worrying about family! Although, I laughed out loud to "family shmamily"!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Christmas Wishlist0