TV episodes not being read from NFO files
I have gone thru my files using the Ember Media Manager and edited the library so that everything has its own episode info. EMM saves this info as an NFO file but I can't seem to get XBMC to read some shows info. The problem doesnt seem to be EMM as I have tried other media managers and they can all read the files fine.

Is there some setting that i'm missing in XBMC? or some other external media manager i could try? I'm using XBMCbuntu Eden and I have tried Ember Media Manager, MediaElch and Media Companion. I used EMM in the end as I found it easier to use and it had the option to edit some episodes manually.

When i go thru the library, the shows (or sometimes just certain seasons of a show) are missing, when I go thru the files via XBMC and try to access the episode info, it generally doesn't work, tho some even say 'No Info Found' as an error with the name of the folder in the message.
Have you scanned them into the library? Even if you're not downloading information from a scraper, you need to set it up in the same way. Then XBMC will read the nfo files rather than download the metadata.
yup, i removed all sources from the library, cleaned it, and added everything back in and it isn't reading the NFO files for certain shows/seasons of shows.
The Debug Log will show you why. My guess is no <episodeguide> in the tvshow.nfo file.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

just looked and the tvshow.nfo for most of my shows don't have and <episodeguide> entry, both the ones that work and the ones that don't. There are other tv shows that have them and work.

That shouldn't be needed since the shows aren't labeled so the scraper works. I don't want to go thru and rename them as I've already spent the time getting each episode working via Ember Media Manager and each episode's NFO file has the info needed. From what I see the <episodeguide> entry contains a URL to a zip file that contains the actors and episodes for the TV show, and this info is already included in the NFO file. This redundancy doesn't seem to be needed to me since the info is already there. Definitely could be useful in case the info wasn't in the tvshow.nfo already, or if the info wasn't in the NFO file for each episode..

EDIT: If I remove the tv shows from my library and clean the database, then add the folder of one of the shows that's having issues, XBMC shows that it is scanning the files but then only shows the episode info for the first episode and not the rest.

EDIT: Also is there a file size limit or special character that I should be looking for int he name of the files? maybe that's what is causing the files to not be loaded properly.

EDIT: This is what i'm seeing from the xbmc log file, there may be others, but i figured i'd try to get one show working and go from there. I understand that the files are not labeled with season and episode numbers but should that really be needed if the info for that is in the NFO file for each episode?

Code:
19:23:23 T:1240   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogVideoScan.xml) ------
19:23:23 T:1240    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogVideoScan.xml
19:23:23 T:6928   DEBUG: Thread VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: 0
19:23:23 T:6928  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
19:23:23 T:6928   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Could not enumerate file G:\tv\Animaniacs\Animaniacs 01 - De-Zanitized, The Monkey Song, Nighty Night Toons.avi
19:23:23 T:6928   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir G:\tv\Animaniacs\
19:23:23 T:6928   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting G:\tv\Animaniacs\Animaniacs 01 - De-Zanitized, The Monkey Song, Nighty Night Toons.avi\

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV episodes not being read from NFO files0