• 87(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
Hey all,

Having some strange issue with CU LRC. Im using Tidal2 Addon + Aeon Nox Silvo skin.
Namely when lyrics are first displayed and are off sync, when i call the context menu i cant see "manually sync" option there, only "delete lyrics" or "select different lyrics". If i press "delete the lyrics" and then restart CU LRC the manual sync option appears, same if i select different lyrics.
Any pointers of how to fix this?
The add-on doesn't properly handle songs with question marks in the name. I'm guessing the same might be true for other special characters.

Code:
2022-10-31 01:25:54.629 T:23524   DEBUG <general>: script.cu.lrclyrics: Current Song: Nightwish - How's the Heart?
2022-10-31 01:25:54.630 T:23524   DEBUG <general>: script.cu.lrclyrics: searching memory for lyrics
2022-10-31 01:25:54.630 T:23524   DEBUG <general>: script.cu.lrclyrics: searching for local lrc files
2022-10-31 01:25:54.630 T:23524   DEBUG <general>: script.cu.lrclyrics: searching files for lyrics
2022-10-31 01:25:54.630 T:23524   DEBUG <general>: script.cu.lrclyrics: path1: smb://192.168.2.174/kodi/lyrics/Nightwish\How's the Heart?.lrc

While it correctly downloads the lyrics and displays them, it does not save the file to disk as it's not a valid filename. The question mark ought to be replaced with an underscore.
yup, that's an issue indeed. it should be fixed in the next version.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I have embedded lyrics in some MP3s. The first song I open always works, but the next one doesn't.

I poked around in embedlrc.py, and I noticed that, in getEmbedLyrics(), lyrics.song.embed is missing for pre-fetched songs.

I also noticed that there is no row for "MusicPlayer.offset(number).Lyrics" in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...anager.cpp. So I wonder if the Lyrics tag is not supported for offset songs?

I have "fixed" it in my local instance by commenting out the line that prefetches lyrics, but obviously that's not a great solution for most people.
I use this wonderful addon a lot. Thanks.

It used tro be that when I was playing a song, the bar would remain at the bottom of the screen showing artist, song name, and playing progress. Optionally with my skin(xonfluence), there was also a scrolling list of the next 5 songs. Both would remain always on the screen. Lately the bar and upcoming songs only  lasts a few secconds and then all disappear ecxcept for the fanart and lyrics. I've searched all the settings for this addon and see nothing that would toggle this behaviour to my preferred state which would show the bar and upcoming songs.

I have recently update kodi to 19.5 from 19.4. It is possible it was a change there that is the culprit. 

Please advise if there is a way to get it back to my preferred state. I may try reverting to 19.4 and see if it changes anything.

Thanks.
Hi Ronie-san,

Japanese translation updated
ja_Jp
thanx all at your translation to the next version!
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Was wondering why “select alternate lyrics” absolutely never works-I just get a hyphen. No matter which alternate source I select. Any way to fix this?
Hi @ronie can u helpe me with an error I am getting?

I am using Kodi 20.1 and CU LRC 6.5.2 on a Qnap 264 NAS with QTS 5.1 

this is the Pastebin Log https://paste.kodi.tv/hojamoriju

many thx in advance

Cheers
Hi @ronie this is the Log on starting the system https://paste.kodi.tv/wusepefuma 
I believe that this log is better to see what is happening than the one on the last post.

many thx again for your great add-on 

cheers
Hello, I've a problem after updating Kodi to 20.1 (and now 20.2) on a (sort of) Linux (QNAP Addon), CU LRC Lyrics throws this error when Kodi starts:

2023-08-20 10:49:52.232 T:24119   error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'SyntaxError'>
                                                   Error Contents: future feature annotations is not defined (__init__.py, line 28)
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/default.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                       from lib.scrapertest import *
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/lib/scrapertest.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                       from lib.culrcscrapers.lyricscom import lyricsScraper as lyricsScraper_lyricscom
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/lib/culrcscrapers/lyricscom/lyricsScraper.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                       from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/__init__.py", line 37, in <module>
                                                       from .builder import (
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/builder/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                       from bs4.element import (
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/element.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                       from bs4.css import CSS
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/css.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                       import soupsieve
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.module.soupsieve/lib/soupsieve/__init__.py", line 28
                                                       from __future__ import annotations
                                                                                        ^
                                                   SyntaxError: future feature annotations is not defined
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

I don't know where to find the debug log I've enabled in the addon settings
Can somebody help?
Thank you,
Alex
(2023-08-20, 11:03)Alessio.71 Wrote: Hello, I've a problem after updating Kodi to 20.1 (and now 20.2) on a (sort of) Linux (QNAP Addon), CU LRC Lyrics throws this error when Kodi starts:

2023-08-20 10:49:52.232 T:24119   error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'SyntaxError'>
                                                   Error Contents: future feature annotations is not defined (__init__.py, line 28)
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/default.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                       from lib.scrapertest import *
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/lib/scrapertest.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                       from lib.culrcscrapers.lyricscom import lyricsScraper as lyricsScraper_lyricscom
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/lib/culrcscrapers/lyricscom/lyricsScraper.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                       from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/__init__.py", line 37, in <module>
                                                       from .builder import (
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/builder/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                       from bs4.element import (
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/element.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                       from bs4.css import CSS
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/css.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                       import soupsieve
                                                     File "/opt/Kodi20/.kodi/addons/script.module.soupsieve/lib/soupsieve/__init__.py", line 28
                                                       from __future__ import annotations
                                                                                        ^
                                                   SyntaxError: future feature annotations is not defined
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

I don't know where to find the debug log I've enabled in the addon settings
Can somebody help?
Thank you,
Alex
HI @Alessio.71 , this is exactly the same error i got. 

to get your log instal the https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader

hope that @ronie can help us.

cheers
it's just a guess (tried googling the error you get) and i think Ubuntu 18.04, which is installed on your NAS) is a bit too old.
the soupsieve addon module needs at least python 3.7 as far as i could find.
i think Ubuntu 18.04 only ships with python 3.6....
(2023-08-20, 15:09)ronie Wrote: it's just a guess (tried googling the error you get) and i think Ubuntu 18.04, which is installed on your NAS) is a bit too old.
the soupsieve addon module needs at least python 3.7 as far as i could find.
i think Ubuntu 18.04 only ships with python 3.6....
HI @ronie , thx for your reply. is there something that u can do to fix it ? it was working wonderfully for the last 5 years till last week

many thx 

Cheers
HI @ronie

soupsieve Addon was updated automatically 2 days ago and this I believe cause the error, maybe an old version os Soupsieve ? if u have it and can send to me I can try ?

Many thx again
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1