• 69(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
Hi, just trying out KODI on my FLAC music library for the first time, and I can't seem to get CU LRC to display anything using Arctic Zephyr skin and Krypton. The player starts but there is no option to display lyrics! Any help greatly appreciated.
Great Add-on.  It provides hours of entertainment for me and my friends.  I have set it to save the lrc files, and that works great and is quick when changing songs too.  I have a large library, so ive just been letting KODI play in Party Mode for a few days do download lyrics, but while im doing that, I was wondering if there was a way to scan my entire library to download all lrc files locally in a quick way rather than just when the song is played.   Or maybe someone knows of a 3rd party application that does this?
Thanks in advance
i get the idea and it's been asked before..
the problem is many lyrics sites will ban you if you request a large number of lyrics in a short period of time.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Is there any way for a skin to force the cu-lrc dialog to close (while the service is still running)?  I have a skin-local implementation of cu-lrclyrics-main.xml and tried things like having an "onload" check a window property and close if the property is set but the dialog doesn't close.  The use case is a skin visualization window custom setting to "turn-off" lyrics.  Right now I have a visible setting to hide the lyrics, but the dialog is still there.  I get that I could have a "close" button on the dialog but want to avoid that if possible.

scott s.
i couldn't figure out a way to close the dialog either. must be something special with python dialogs..

signaling the addon to close using window properties will not work reliably, if the addon is busy (with searching lyrics) it can't check for/respond to window properties.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie that might explain the problems I had when trying to close extended info via the skin - the dialog was 'closed' but trying to run it again never worked as if it was still running. Is there a way to properly close scripts via the skin?
nope, i don't think there's a way to do that.
(2019-02-08, 02:29)ronie Wrote: i couldn't figure out a way to close the dialog either. must be something special with python dialogs..

signaling the addon to close using window properties will not work reliably, if the addon is busy (with searching lyrics) it can't check for/respond to window properties.
 Thanks.  I will go with a "plan b".

scott s.
Am I correct in understanding that when you close the 'searching for lyrics' window and then open a new song it doesn't ever search again anymore? I've been trying for hours to get it to work now and after closing that very window it has never opened for me again. Is there any way to reinstall it properly or let it trigger again?
if you stop music playback, the lyrics window should reappear when you start music playback again and go to the fullscreen visualisation window.
or, during music playback, you can exit and re-enter the fullscreen visualisation window... that should work as well.

and if even a restart of kodi doesn't help, then something else must be wrong.
- check if the addon is still enabled
- check if 'display lyrics automatically' option is still enabled in the cu lrc addon settings
(2019-02-17, 12:59)ronie Wrote: if you stop music playback, the lyrics window should reappear when you start music playback again and go to the fullscreen visualisation window.
or, during music playback, you can exit and re-enter the fullscreen visualisation window... that should work as well.

and if even a restart of kodi doesn't help, then something else must be wrong.
- check if the addon is still enabled
- check if 'display lyrics automatically' option is still enabled in the cu lrc addon settings
I'm not sure what could be wrong really. I've restarted Kodi, uninstalled and reinstalled the add-on, checked the settings (which are correct), but whenever the artist art (not sure if that's considered fullscreen visualization; I have none installed in any case) shows CU Lyrics doesn't trigger. It happened once this morning, but I can't reproduce it. Are there any settings that should be turned on by default for this to work?
nah that's all there's to it.
please post a debug log (see instruction in the first post) and i'll have a look.
Here's the log (if I did it correctly): https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/XyHFDrDQ7z/, I've tried it with 3 songs.
Thanks for the help so far Smile

Edit: I am using Emby though, could that be the problem?
nope emby should be no problem.

could you briefly test one thing for me?

please disable this setting:
settings > player > music > play next song automatically

now restart kodi and check if lyrics work.
...keep in mind it might take a bit of time for them to appear, so wait for at least 30 secs
@ronie

CU LRC Lyrics seems to be quite stubborn. It does not like change.

I have been updating some lyrics in my library, and I notice that if you have played a song that either has not lyrics, are incorrect lyrics or the lyrics need timing adjustments, then you can't seem to get the add-on to see the new lyrics once they have been added. It requires a restart of Kodi.

For example, the below is an extract from the log.
1. Played a song. No lyrics were found.
2. Went to my other PC, fired up Foobar2000 and created the Lyrics
3. Saved the file next to the song file
4. No matter how many times I try to play the song, it won't find the local lyrics as it has already decided that there are no lyrics available.
5. The log shows searching files for lyrics, but it won't see them
6. After a Kodi restart, they are picked up.

xml:
20:17:23.095 T:11084 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MusicVisualisation.xml) ------
20:17:23.095 T:11084 INFO: Loading skin file: MusicVisualisation.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
20:17:23.113 T:11084 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x0f, sym: 0x0009, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
20:17:23.114 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: Current Song: Bosshouse feat. Amanda Abizaid - A Place in Time
20:17:23.114 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: searching memory for lyrics
20:17:23.114 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: searching for embedded lrc lyrics
20:17:23.115 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: searching files for lyrics
20:17:23.115 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: MiniLyrics: searching lyrics for Bosshouse feat. Amanda Abizaid - A Place in Time
20:17:24.138 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: TTPlayer: searching lyrics for Bosshouse feat. Amanda Abizaid - A Place in Time
20:17:24.837 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: Baidu: searching lyrics for Bosshouse feat. Amanda Abizaid - A Place in Time
20:17:27.994 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: GomAudio: searching lyrics for Bosshouse feat. Amanda Abizaid - A Place in Time
20:17:28.754 T:1876 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 2 times.
20:17:28.754 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: Alsong: searching lyrics for Bosshouse feat. Amanda Abizaid - A Place in Time
20:17:29.610 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: searching for embedded txt lyrics
20:17:29.612 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: searching files for lyrics
20:17:29.612 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: lyricwiki: searching lyrics for Bosshouse feat. Amanda Abizaid - A Place in Time
20:17:29.639 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: genius: searching lyrics for Bosshouse feat. Amanda Abizaid - A Place in Time
20:17:42.396 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: azlyrics: searching lyrics for Bosshouse feat. Amanda Abizaid - A Place in Time
20:17:43.825 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: darklyrics: searching lyrics for Bosshouse feat. Amanda Abizaid - A Place in Time
20:17:44.565 T:1876 DEBUG: script.cu.lrclyrics: no lyrics found

Same if, while playing a song and the wrong lyrics are downloaded, you then Context Menu>Delete Lyrics, if you try to re-download lyrics, it won't. It checks "memory", can't find them and seems to not go any further.

In this log... https://paste.kodi.tv/izopiwahos.kodi

I played Million Reasons by Lady Gaga, but deleted the lyrics as they were wrong (for the purpose of this example). But if I stop the song and start playing again, hoping to download the lyrics again, the message simply comes up as No Lyrics found even though there are 8 lyrics files available online

I then played Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers & Coldplay, again deleted the lyrics, added my own lyrics but restarting the song, they refused to be found. Just the No Lyrics found message.

If I modify an existing lyrics file (say to fix timing) it won't be picked up until a restart.

Any idea how to force CU Lyrics to look for new/changed files?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1