Win Xmbc on desktop to tv .
Hi all I'm new to this forum ,I've looked around for some info on what I need but can't find it .All I need to know is can anyone tell me what I need to connect my PC to my tv and run xmbc on it .
I've got a quad core PC with a zotac gtx 480 graphics card which has a hdmi connection on the back ,I've purchased A hdmi lead to connect to the tv ,and was wondering if I need to do anything else to watch it on my tv .Or if this has been answered before can someone point me in the right direction please .

Thankyou .
Have you tried it? Also do you have an AVR? Usually it's PC -> AVR -> TV.
I would have thought you just had to plug the hdmi cable into your tv and choose hdmi as source? Perhaps you need to go into display settings on your pc and change the output of your graphics card to hdmi.
Thanks for the reply guys ,I plugged the hdmi cable into my graphics card and then in to my tv and started a film ,all I got on my PC was my background off my PC with no icons Huh.

Thankyou .
Malosar thanks I will check a few settings later on my PC but if anyone has any ideas for me pls post .I thought it might have been very straight forward as to plug the hdmi at both ends and select hdmi channel on tv and off it went .

Cheers guys .
I'd guess the TV is set as a second display (I'm guessing you have another display attached?) - hence the background with no icons. Check the display settings.
You are getting desktop with no icons in TV because you have two displays active and the system selects your pc monitor as the primary display.

Press Win+P and try the display options 'duplicate' or 'projector only'. Duplicate will work only if both TV and monitor have the same resolution.

You can also set this in Display settings or in your graphics card application.
Are you plugging in the monitor AND the tv?
Right thanks for that guys it was the settings in nvidia console for the monitors 1 and 2 . Now I just need to know how to get the sound on the tv also please (thank god for these forums lol ) .

Thanks .
Right click the taskbar volume icon > Playback Devices > Choose HDMI as the default audio device. In XBMC also you may need to set the audio device to hdmi.
Ok m8 thanks for that info I will try it when I get home from work later .

Thanks .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xmbc on desktop to tv .0