With Frodo 12 beta 3 Airplay stops playing after 14 seconds
as of the log its still loading libshairport.so.1 - the updated package should have libshaiport.so.2 - no clue how the ppa stuff works - but xbmc has to match that libshairport version...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-12-16, 03:33)Memphiz Wrote: as of the log its still loading libshairport.so.1 - the updated package should have libshaiport.so.2 - no clue how the ppa stuff works - but xbmc has to match that libshairport version...

Just checked, and the updated libshairport installs as libshairport.so.1; also forgot to mention before that I'm doing this without disableipv6, as per your request (using a blank advancedsettings except for debug logging)

EDIT: And confirmed from /proc/pid/maps that the installed version of libshairport is the one that's being loaded.
EDIT2: Was on the right track though - b1 uses /usr/lib/libshairport.so.0.0.0 as opposed to /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libshairport.so.1.0.0

b1 and before link to the lib provided by libshairport0-1:1.2.0.20310-5~ppa1~precise
b2 and after (including nightly) link to the lib provided by libshairport1

libshairport0 used to be provided by xbmc-unstable, as per https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...hive-extra so it seems that changes in their build system post-b1 caused the issue.
@wsnipex: Should I raise the issue directly with xbmc-team, or can you take it from here?
(2012-12-16, 03:33)Memphiz Wrote: as of the log its still loading libshairport.so.1 - the updated package should have libshaiport.so.2 - no clue how the ppa stuff works - but xbmc has to match that libshairport version...

These are the only libshairport I have on the system:

Code:
vanwichen@q-xbmc:/$ sudo find . -name "libshairport.so*"
./usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libshairport.so.1.0.0
./usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libshairport.so.1

Here some more output:
Code:
vanwichen@q-xbmc:/$ dpkg -l libshairport0
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                        Version                     Description
+++-===========================-===========================-======================================================================
rc  libshairport0               1:1.2.0.20310-5~ppa1~precis emulates an AirPort Express
vanwichen@q-xbmc:/$ dpkg -l libshairport1
||/ Name                        Version                     Description
+++-===========================-===========================-======================================================================
ii  libshairport1               1:1.2.1~git20120110.aeb4987 emulates an AirPort Express (shared library)
vanwichen@q-xbmc:/$ dpkg -l libshairport2
No packages found matching libshairport2.

I don't have a clue here...
:-(

Vincent
ok, lets try this again plz. Quiptix, you already know the drill Wink

add this ppa: ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-nfstest
upgrade libshairport and xbmc, retest

install libairport after upgrade must be: libshairport - 1:1.2.1~git20121216.16395d8-0~ppa1~precise
(2012-12-16, 14:25)wsnipex Wrote: ok, lets try this again plz. Quiptix, you already know the drill Wink

add this ppa: ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-nfstest
upgrade libshairport and xbmc, retest

install libairport after upgrade must be: libshairport - 1:1.2.1~git20121216.16395d8-0~ppa1~precise

The lib on the system is now:
Code:
0 lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root       21 Dec 16 10:06 libshairport.so.2 -> libshairport.so.2.0.0
   44 -rw-r--r--   1 root root    42576 Dec 16 10:06 libshairport.so.2.0.0

However xbmc log (just 8 lines ;-) ):
Code:
13:48:25 T:2812234560  NOTICE: Thread AirPlayServer start, auto delete: false
13:48:25 T:2778757952   DEBUG: CZeroconfAvahi::doPublishService identifier: servers.airplay type: _airplay._tcp name:XBMC (q-xbmc) port:36667
13:48:25 T:3008493376   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libshairport.so.1)
13:48:25 T:2778757952   DEBUG: CZeroconfAvahi::addService() named: XBMC (q-xbmc) type: _airplay._tcp port:36667
13:48:25 T:3008493376   DEBUG: Loading: libshairport.so.1
13:48:25 T:3008493376   ERROR: Unable to load libshairport.so.1, reason: libshairport.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
13:48:25 T:3008493376   DEBUG: Dll libshairport.so.1 was not found in path
13:48:25 T:3008493376   ERROR: Failed to start AirTunes Server

Linkage problem?
wsnipex as of that prinout the configure of xbmc picked the old version of libshairport again Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
or quiptix didn't update xbmc aswell Wink
I have checked this and as far I can see xbmc comes from the test ppa.
Or the version is the test ppa is older than the nightly.

Code:
vanwichen@q-xbmc:~$ dpkg -l xbmc-bin
||/ Name                                                           Version                                                        Description
+++-==============================================================-==============================================================-============================================================================================================================================
ii  xbmc-bin                                                       2:12.0~git20121216.0200-917778a-0precise                       XBMC Media Center (binary data package)
vanwichen@q-xbmc:~$ dpkg -l xbmc
||/ Name                                                           Version                                                        Description
+++-==============================================================-==============================================================-============================================================================================================================================
ii  xbmc                                                           2:12.0~git20121216.0200-917778a-0precise                       XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data package)
vanwichen@q-xbmc:~$ dpkg -l xbmc
I think you still have the version from the nightly ppa installed.

please run:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

sudo apt-cache policy xbmc

from my system:
Code:
16:14:52 T:140297686374272   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libshairport.so.2)
16:14:52 T:140297686374272   DEBUG: Loading: libshairport.so.2
[quote='wsnipex' pid='1267792' dateline='1355670952']
I think you still have the version from the nightly ppa installed.

please run:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

sudo apt-cache policy xbmc

Will this purge the .xbmc directory?
No.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2012-12-16, 17:15)wsnipex Wrote: I think you still have the version from the nightly ppa installed.

from my system:
Code:
16:14:52 T:140297686374272   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libshairport.so.2)
16:14:52 T:140297686374272   DEBUG: Loading: libshairport.so.2

It works as expected now.
Small issue but non-blocking: Cover-art only gets updated at the second album and then never again. (Not a very big issue) UPDATE: Happens only in main-screen, not in full screen music player.
Track info is always updated except for the first song. (Probably a missed call on initial play (not a big issue) )

And I still receive these messages in the log:
Code:
22:19:04 T:2884606784 WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol(pipe) in pipe://1/
22:19:04 T:2884606784   ERROR: Exists - Error checking for pipe://1/

Thanks again! I would say: Incorporate this in de next nightly Tongue

Vincent
i know about that issues (thumbnail shown when switched to the second album - works then for each other album too here - trackname missing on first play but on all following plays) - these are non-trivial (and not a missing call) - these are some messages to the ui which behave unexpected.

These warning and the error in the log are to be ignored. Wink
Just reporting what I encounter as a good tester... Wink

It plays several minutes now without problems. Even ArtistSlideshow works...

Vincent
Im also having this problem, tried removing all traces of xbmc and libshairport from my system and reinstalling using xbmc-unstable and when airplaying anything from iTunes 11 it will play for 15 seconds then just freeze. Playing from iOS works past 15 seconds however stopping the stream causes xbmc to freeze. What should i try? Running Ubuntu 12.04 fully updated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
With Frodo 12 beta 3 Airplay stops playing after 14 seconds0