Win Playpath keeps changing, how to automate the update process?
One of my live streams I'm trying to manage with LiveStreams xml keeps changing it's Playpath.

I'm trying to automate the process to have it auto update. So far my python script reads the output from rtmpsuck, formats, and updates my xml file. The problem is that I have to use RTMLDumpHelper and manually load the site for rtmpsuck to start. I've tried changing the the hosts file but it just loops until I leave the site. Is there a way I can do this with Python?

The two mains things I don't know how to do right now is create a proxy server to emulate what RTMLDumpHelper is doing and starting the flash player so rtmpsuck can start working. I'm not even sure if this is the right way to go about it. Just need someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks.
What website? Maybe you can parse the playpath from the page.

For example on this page http://ufreetv.com/trutv.html,
You would need to grab the url of the iframe that is loaded, then parse that page for the "flashvars" param tag, the value attribute of that tag contains the playpath, which would be "file=z357al5p8i1q41g.flv" (playpath is z357al5p8i1q41g.flv)
This is a good question vnguy. I am also working with a service were I cannot parse its pages for rtmp parameters, and can only acquire them by running a rtmp proxy like rtmpsuck.

I am thinking of perhaps the way is to have a VM running in the cloud (Windows Azure, Google App Engine) that is running rtmpsuck and returning back results on the fly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playpath keeps changing, how to automate the update process?0