• 5(current)
Watched/unwatched flag
i am actualy implementing the overlays in the guilistcontrol and guithumbnailpanel (in the render function)
since that is where the icons get created. it is a bit of a pain though since those don't have access to the cfileitem class. (the data seams to be passed through a vector, and i can't seem to figure it out) please look at the topic vector madness in the developer section for more info (help if you can) but this means that you would be able to use the overlay anywhere a listconrol or thumbpanel is used. (the new member variable is m_bchecked, so its generic) again it shows an empty or checked box based on that flag, so any file item can have one. i am surrounding it with an if(this.getparentid = a video window) so it will only work for the video section until someone else extends the other windows.

i'm sorry to hear that the menus are getting messed up. kraqh3d made a couple of changes to my patch, but the 2005-10-15 build seemed to work ok. kraqh3d any ideas on the menu's?
i'll take a look at the context menu. maybe something got munged.

**edit ** something definately got messed up. i think i accidently committed something that wasnt ready yet. i need to undo all my changed and full recompile to figure out whats wrong.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
before you re-release, i have the overlays working. so i'll submit that to the same patch later today (if i get time, or sometime next week if i don't, i'm' kind of busy lately)
too late... i already fixed it... it was a missing "=" that was screwing up the nested if else's in the context menu Smile

and i found that edit title doesnt work 100%. the title is kept in two places: the database in movieinfo table, and in the imdb cached xml file for the movie (in albums/imdb/tt#######.xml). you're only updating the database piece. the function edits the title thats displayed in the listing, but its not propogated into the info window.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i'll get the cvs tomarrow then, and i'll submit the overlay patch with the feature alreaday added. i'll remove the "w" and take a whack at making a setting to be able to switch the show mode to global (its just two sides of the same coin on that one, so its probably better to have a setting for it)
(mercuryinc @ oct. 16 2005,23:42 Wrote:i'll get the cvs tomarrow then, and i'll submit the overlay patch with the feature alreaday added.  i'll remove the "w" and take a whack at making a setting to be able to switch the show mode to global (its just two sides of the same coin on that one, so its probably better to have a setting for it)
is my idea about flags possible or viable?
yeah, i'll add multi-flags when i add multi-category

your probably right at that point it wouldn't make much since to still have watched and unwatched, since you could very well make those as categories. i'll put some thougt into it.
(mercuryinc @ oct. 17 2005,04:42 Wrote:yeah, i'll add multi-flags when i add multi-category

your probably right at that point it wouldn't make much since to still have watched and unwatched, since you could very well make those as categories.  i'll put some thougt into it.
well, thanx. i hope to get the cvs soon :-)
categories really complicate the overlays. technically, you'd need an overlay per category when showing all videos.
i agree, and since i had planned on making the categories dynamic i think i'm going to hold off for now. i downloaded the 2005-10-17 cvs last night and i'm adding the overlay code to it. i'll submit it tonight (hopefully) its a quick 3 file fix. i modified the fileitem to have a m_bchecked that is populated from the bwatched field, then in the guilistitem and guithumbnailpanel i watch for the value and if its true and its a video window and showall = 0 then i draw the overlay. (i decided not to draw an empty overlay over the unwatched to save a little memory and time, so overlays are only drawn on watched movies in showall sections)

(btw as a side note, now that i've got the overlay thing down, i'm thinking about adding offline content and adding an overlay that shows its offline. then when you go to play it, you get a prompt to insert a disk number, or something) (maybe this goes in a separate post?)
very nice. i cant wait to see this. two questions... where are the overlays drawn in thumb view and in listview? and are the overlays in memory for those items currently not on screen? we save memory by unloading the icons for items not currently on the screen.

i totally fscked everything up after adding cimdbmovie to fileitem. i had to revert back all the changes to fix it. i kept copies and will attempt to retry it maybe this weekend.

the overlay for offline media sounds cool. you could show an overlay image of a disc to depict offline media. oh, and i think xbmc already prompts the user for the correct disc if its not in the drive.
now i have the 17-10 build. i have to be really dum, as i can not find a trace of the new things, like new menu items for marking it is watched and new views... i drank some wine but... not that much.
just my $0.02...

i'd like to see the overlays only on the text, not the video/movie image itself. i think that having it only on the text portion will make it look cleaner.

my thought is to enable a clean look that allows for multiple "watched" at once you'd use multiple colors and it would be something like this (please forgive the quick mspaint mockup)...

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
jerry:  make sure you have gone to the title section and have movies added to the db (look at previous posts if you still need help, i think mid-page 4 ish)

they are drawn in the render function in listview and renderitem in thumb.  i didn't add the overlay to the class because i want to conserve memory.
no, overlays for non-displayed icons are not in memory. (they are actualy removed from memory after being rendered)

i added a bool field to the fileitem ok, so maybe i can take a crack at adding the cimdbmovie item, i'll see what i come up with.

if it already prompts for a disk, can you tell me what field i use to detect if its online or offline?

affini:
i dig the idea, have a look at the overlay in the next couple of days and see if you still feal that way. its pretty unintrusive by my standards anyways. the other thing i was thinking about was making it an underlay so that it just gets a border of red or blue if its watched. just some ideas. keep the thoughts coming

cool... cannot wait to check it out!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched/unwatched flag0