• 8(current)
Watched/unwatched flag
is there a way to scan my movies without retriving info from imdb?
i just want to be able to scan my files and then use the watched/un-watched option...
like it is now it takes forever to scan and if imdb dosnt find right movie it picks one that often is wrong...  Sad

it would be great if i scan and show them as filename and then be able to set the [w] for watched. that way i know where i am if i watch a season of a tv-show.

or even better... if i select watched from the context menu xbmc would add [w] at the end of the filename. family guy s03e13.avi would be named family guy s03e13 [w].avi and un-watched would remove it from the filename...

hi,
i thought in the new images you are able to see whitch files you have already watched. but i can't find this feature anywhere, do i need a special skin for this to work?
i like the watch and unwatched views that you can switch to under my videos but i'm wondering if it's suppose to automatically mark a movie as watched once you view it? mine doesn't. i have to remember to go in after watching the movie and marking it as watched. i'm using the 2006-03-12 t3ch build.

no, its intentionally not automatic. you need to manually mark movies as watched.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Cool i wasn't sure. thanks for the reply.
why is it not automatic as well as being manual? if automatic detection of a watched movie was added, you can easily change it again to unwatched if you want to.

i'm likely missing something...
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

yeah, i think it should be automatic too. i know nothing about coding though and maybe it would just take too much work because of all the different ways people would want it to automatically handle it.

i wouldn't want it to be marked as watched if i just started playing it and than immediately stopped it. i probably also wouldn't want it to be marked as watched if i only made it half-way through the movie. for an automatic flag to still be worthwhile it would need to only mark it as watched if i've played at least 90% of the movie or so.
jmarshall,
the discussion is still in the development forum, but i believe it was something along the lines of "how far into a movie do we mark it as watched?" since there was no clear answer, its still manual. but, i agree. this could easily be automated.
ah - yep, the issue is always "when do we mark as watched (or played for songs)".

this is complicated by the fact that we can ffwd, rewd and seek within movies.

perhaps it should be marked as watched if it gets within say 10% of the end of the movie when playback ceases?

we could have it as part of the "advanced settings" structure (ie xml only) as a percentage of the movie length would work quite well i think (means people can press stop at the credits and it'll still work)

cheers,
jonathan

don't we increment the "played" counter for a song as that song starts? if so, i think it would be easier to apply the same logic to movies, with a simple boolean option of "automatically mark movies as watched". i'd even just default it to true as it seems to be expected.
please dont flame me for not knowing what i'm talking about.

i've been wanting a feature like this watched/unwatched thing for a long time. for me, this would be most useful for tv shows, so i know which episodes have been watched. because of the way my tv shows are set up, i use file view, not title view for all video files. my question is, is it possible to have a watch/unwatched flag in file view? to me it seems that it would be hard/almost impossible to implement this, as i assume file view does not utilise the database at all.

and i haven't really spent much time in title view, but i assume this view is not good for multiple series of tv shows.
no, it doesn't (and won't) work in file view.

we've been wanting to generalise the video database for a long time, but as you know, these things take time, something we don't have a lot of.

one day it will be done.

cheers,
jonathan

ok, it's in cvs now.

it operates by default at 90% of the movie length.

the same now applies to songs.

you can set the % in settings.xml

cheers,
jonathan

(jmarshall @ mar. 16 2006,16:41 Wrote:ok, it's in cvs now.

it operates by default at 90% of the movie length.

the same now applies to songs.

you can set the % in settings.xml

cheers,
jonathan
would this have been in the 2006-03-20 t3ch cvs? i noticed the last movie i finished didn't automatically switch to watched.

also, where's the settings.xml suppose to be? i found a couple under the skins folder but they just look like files to set where icons are located and such. i couldn't see anything about adjusting the percentage.
it was put into cvs when i posted.

the setting is:

<playcountminimumpercent>

in settings.xml (e:\tdata\0face008)

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched/unwatched flag0