Win XBMC Frodo Update: 1. Movie Runtime only from first AVI file / 2. Incorrect Thumbs
1. After upgrading to Frodo, the movie runtime information (in minutes) for stacked files (2 avi files named CD1, CD1) displays only the runtime of the first avi file.
With XBMC 11, all runtimes were displayed correctly for movies with separated in several files..

2. Many thumbnails of the movies have been replaced by Frodo with screenshots from the movie.
With XBMC 11, all thumdnails were correctly displayed with the original movie covers.

Anybody with the same problems or even better, with solutions?
1. Is probably a real issue as we prioritise the stream detail length which is probably read from the first file.

2. Was an issue in pre-RC1 builds - should be no issue at all in RC1 and later.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

to 1. Thank you.

to 2. I directly installed Frodo RC1 to upgrade from Eden. So the issue seems still to be there in RC1 at least (XBMC 12.0-RC1 Git:20121210-baaa51c).
You're using a skin other than Confluence I presume?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I'm using standard Confluence with default theme.
You're going to have to supply a bunch more information.

1. Do you use .nfo files? If so, what are the <thumb> tags in them?
2. Do you have local art? If so, what are they named?
3. How are your movies laid out?
4. What is in the art table in MyVideos75.db ?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Hi, Please find my answers to the last post after the following marks "-->"

1. Do you use .nfo files? If so, what are the <thumb> tags in them?
--> I do not use .nfo files. At least I'm not aware of it (movie folders do not contain .nfo files).

2. Do you have local art? If so, what are they named?
--> Unfortunately, I don't know how the structure was before the update to Frodo. But now I can find the actors thumbs and also the movie thumbs in the following directory structure:
---> AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\
e.g. \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\c\c3cb2677.jpg
I saw Frodo downloading all the actors thumbnails after the update.
Strangely, the following thumb is now a foreign language: \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\c\c3cb2677.jpg

3. How are your movies laid out?
---> There are direcories on 2 HDs. Several directories withhout sub directories. Filenames e.g. "moviesXY.2012.avi"

4. What is in the art table in MyVideos75.db ?
--> Not all entries are filled in the URL column.
Most movie fanarts and poster refer to e.g. http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/original/XY.jpg
Only some poster refer to imdb.

Movie thumbs refer to:
Most movie thumbs to: e.g. image://video@C%3a%5cUsers%XY%5cXY%5cXY%XY.CD1.avi/
Some to e.g. http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/original/XY.jpg
Only a few to: e,g, http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/XY.jpg

I guess the problem comes from the link to e.g. " image://video@C%3a%5cUsers%XY%5cXY%5cXY%XY.CD1.avi/" where a screencap is used instead of a real jpg. I don't know how it was before the update to Frodo but I know that in Eden, all movies had proper thumbs.

Sorry, but I do not know much about the internal database and directory structure. I hope my information from above is enough.
I need to know your MOVIE file structure. e.g. do you have your movies like:

movies/die hard/die hard.avi
movies/die hard/folder.jpg

or

movies/die hard.avi
movies/die hard.tbn

Note it down EXACTLY (i.e. all files/folders, exactly as they are named) for a movie where the art is wrong. Perhaps it's only stacked movies where the art is wrong for example?

In addition, did you scan with "movies in separate folders named after the movie" enabled?

Note that you can delete MyVideos75.db/Textures13.db and restart Frodo and it will re-update. Your original cached art is in userdata/Thumbnails/Video/*.

My movie file structure looks like the following. This was the case from the beginning and didn't change with the Frodo update.

c:\...\movies1/movie1.2008.avi
c:\...\movies1/movie2.2012avi
c:\...\movies1/movie3.2005.mkv
c:\...\movies1/movie4.2010.CD1.avi
c:\...\movies1/movie4.2010.CD2.avi
c:\...\movies1/movie5.2009.avi

d:\...\movies2/movie1.2001.CD1.avi
d:\...\movies2/movie1.2001.CD2.avi
d:\...\movies2/movie2.2004.avi
d:\...\movies2/movie3.2002.avi

Move names with several words are separated by ".".

There are no other file types in the directories except movie files avi, mkv, mp4 ..
There are no sub directories or separate directories for each movie.

You assumption from above is correct, that all stacked movies (CD1, CD2) do not have the proper thumb anymore and in addition show only the runtime of the first file (e.g. movie1.2001.CD1.avi).
This was not the case before the update to Frodo.
Though, the Plot, watched tag etc. is still shown correctly.

It seems that ALL the other movies that have only one file have still the correct thumbs.

This is not a huge problem for me, though. I can of course change the thumbs manually for those stacked files but it would be good to fix this bug to avoid the same issues for other users willing to upgrade to Frodo.

Question from above:
In addition, did you scan with "movies in separate folders named after the movie" enabled?
Answer: No, this option is disabled. Scan recursively enable.
I did not change the setting after the update to Frodo.

I just did a quick test and added a new movie with stacked files (...CD1, ...CD2) with the Universal Scraper (since IMDB scraper was/is broken).
The thumb and runtime was shown correctly.
Then I played the movie for some minutes. After, the shown runtime was decreased to the first file again (...CD1) --> incorrect.
The same happened with three other movies I tried.
There is another changed behavior. The video attributes (SD, XVID, Dolby, 2.35) are only shown after I played the movie. I'm quite sure this info was shown in Eden directly after scraping.

Question from above:
Note that you can delete MyVideos75.db/Textures13.db and restart Frodo and it will re-update. Your original cached art is in userdata/Thumbnails/Video/*.
Answer: This will most likely reset my watched tag and could mess up the titles since the scaper changed to Unversal Scraper since IMDB is broken. If I do so, I will wait until IMDB scaper is working again. I do not trust Unversal Scaper that much.

System:
Win 7 Pro
XBMC Frodo RC1
Skin: Standard Confluence
Ok, stacked movie art fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/46e0...85e2181dae

Grab tonights nightly (or the no-doubt soon released RC2) to verify the fix.

Will see what I can do about stacked streamdetails information being wrong.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thank you for the quick and thorough support.
I will check the fixes in the next days.

Cheers,
Chris
The stacked time stuff is also in now, so RC2 will have a fix for that as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Frodo Update: 1. Movie Runtime only from first AVI file / 2. Incorrect Thumbs0