Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
I'd like to know too. What I find weird is that two popular distributions (OpenELEC and Raspbmc) are now in release candidate status and neither have solved this issue despite many bug reports and threads indicating that LiveTV with TvHeadend as backend is not working.

I have yet to find a conclusive answer as to what is causing it to fail. I verified that my Pi can play recorded DVB transport streams, yet streaming from TvHeadend remains problematic for some reason. It has been said that the issue is with the omx player component but since recorded DVB transports work, it remains unclear why this is not fixed. Surely this is a must to fix before the final release can be made?

Not just asking though. I am willing to help out. I looked into the code for the TvHeadend add-om from OpDenKamp's GIT repo, but failed to find any reference to the fabled omx player. The actual playback implementation is probably abstracted somewhere but couldn't find any reference to Pi-specific stuff. Does anyone know where the Pi-specific TvHeadend add-on stuff is?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - by Jeilong - 2013-01-15, 14:48
does live tv work at all????? - by pootler - 2013-02-08, 18:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5