Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
(2013-03-11, 08:50)xoox Wrote: Tvheadend wanted to save some settings in the tmp-files, but there was a problem with the permissions in the addon_data folder. As you had also problems with editing autostart.sh there might have been a general problem with your storage-partition.

If it's just settings it writes that's OK, I just don't want it constantly writing a timeshift file whenever I watch TV. If it needs to, I'd want to redirect it to my PC's RAMDisk (\\X4\R), which is what I use for Mediaportal's timeshifting files when I use that. Do you know if TVH uses timeshifting files and if so, whether I can make it use my PC's RAMdisk?

The permissions thing is a bit weird. As you say, there may have been a general problem with my storage partition but I'm not sure how the permissions could just change by themselves and then be fixed by rebooting. Certainly autostart.sh showed the same permissions before and after rebooting but I don't know if there's a higher-level permissions, say for the /storage folder, that overwrites the individual file permissions. The other possibility is that somehow I was no longer recognised as Owner, as the 0755 permission only gives Write access to the Owner, but again that would be weird as I was logging in with WinSCP with the same root/openelec credentials as ever and TVH shouldn't have suddenly changed from Owner to something else and lost permission to write to the tmp files. As OE runs as root anyway, I'm not even sure there is another user that it could have somehow changed to.

Messages In This Thread
does live tv work at all????? - by pootler - 2013-02-08, 18:38
RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - by doveman2 - 2013-03-11, 15:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5