Tvheadend add-on on raspberry pi - not working
I have my Pi streaming using Tvheadend on Mpeg2 streams (SD not HD). With the option choices described below it works first time. By that I mean I can enter live TV and select a channel, if I try to change the channel I see only a black screen and I need to reboot. I'm not sure which option or combination of options is responsible. When I have time I'll iterate through and find out. The aspect ratio problem remains.

I know people already have this working first time. But until I made these changes I was unable to stream any TV. Ie I saw a black screen on the first channel selection. Some might find this post helpful if they're in the same position. Entering the HTSP stream as a source workaround didn't work for me either.

System: Openelec 2.99.1 on 256MB Pi Model B streaming from Tvheadend 3.2.18~g40a8920~precise.

Menu options (import all data and set up what should be correctly then go and change the options after):

Synchronize channel groups with backends OFF
Imports channel groups from the backend OFF
Always use the channel order from the backend(s) OFF
Use backend channels numbers (only works with 1 enabled PVR add-on) OFF

Do not store the EPG in the database ON

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tvheadend add-on on raspberry pi - not working - by funkhouser - 2013-01-21, 02:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend add-on on raspberry pi - not working3