Audio offset of more than 8 seconds not working
I have an MKV file that is way out of sync, so I am trying to fix it from the sound menu. The delay is well beyond ten seconds, so I added the following tag to advancedsettings.xml: <audiodelayrange>60</audiodelayrange>

The change initially appears to work, as I can now go into XBMC and set the delay up to 60 seconds in the slider bar. However, it only appears to work for an offset delayed by at most 8 seconds. No matter what I change it to beyond that, be it 10, 30, or 60 seconds, it always has a delay of just 8 seconds. Anything below 8 seconds appears to work fine. I have the same experience when I set the audiodelayrange to 200 in the XML file.

I am using Frodo RC2 on a Windows 7 box. There are no problems visible in my log file.
Garbage files, remux it to fix it. The Audio delay setting is not designed to fix seriously broken a/v sync issues.
I understand that my file is junk, but I also assume that the XML option that allows you to set a delay up to 600 seconds is there for a reason and supposed to work as designed. This is a 3D SBS MKV, so I figure it would be easier to set the offset rather than figure out how to remux it. The offset limit also appears to happen on other videos (ie AVC/Xvid) I played with.

Advancedsettings.xml tends to be the dumping ground for custom tweaks.

That's the problem with advancedsettings.xml, audiodelayrange was added by someone to custom fix some issue on some platform. Then it bit-rots because it is never tested with something else that was changed or added.

8 second sounds like the max audio or video demuxer queue size. This would make sense as to adjust a/v greater than 8 seconds, you have to be able to demux greater than 8 seconds worth of both audio and video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio offset of more than 8 seconds not working0