Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2013-03-01, 15:28)akg4y Wrote: Does anyone have an answer as to *why* the settings get erased each time you exit XBMC? Seems like something that should be a relatively easy fix for one of the developers if it is even a coding issue and not a permission issue.

Does XMBC save settings changes to a temporary file/folder and then try to write them to the saved location at the time of exit, and if so, is it just a permission issue with XBMC not being able to overwrite the default settings file?

SUGGESTION 1) exit first: could it be as simple as that?.....

are people with this issue (skin settings and other settings are sometimes lost/forgotten after a reboot) still getting this issue when using exiting xbmc properly using the menus prior to powering off the box?

reason i ask is because the advice in the thread below (for a similar problem on a similar box) is to make sure to exit xbmc BEFORE powering off the machine.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158888

I'm testing this as we speak to see if it resolves the issue, and five out five times that i exited xbmc before turning off the box it has been fine. xbmc has remembered the skin changes i made each time.

obviously this isnt a thorough test, i think i'll only feel comfortable that the issue is resolved after using this method for a few days.

SUGGESTION 2) dont have xbmc in startup with android.

i think ive noticed that xbmc starts with confluence having los skin settings etc when i have xbmc setup to start automatically. i've removed it now so that i have to start xbmc manually, so i'll be able to tell in a few hours/days whether that helped.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by thebearnecessit - 2013-03-11, 18:49
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17