• 30(current)
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
With the new update there is a airplay app built in and running in the background. I just stream from my itunes, ipad, iphone to it.

It works really well BUT in XBMC the bar at the bottom appears and won't go away.
(2013-04-09, 11:32)theINSKIP Wrote: With the new update there is a airplay app built in and running in the background. I just stream from my itunes, ipad, iphone to it.

It works really well BUT in XBMC the bar at the bottom appears and won't go away.

Hi have you tried with Hide Bottom Bar that is available in the store
i´ve got a 1life smart tv that it has the same specs as the geniatech atv1200, and it works quite well, but you must have root acess.
now my box is working great with 720p and 1080p hardware decoding and without the android bar.
Yeah, i used to have the hidebar app, but as the new release removed the bar when xbmc opens, i deleted it.

Might have to get it again.

Thanks
I have been reading this great thread during months and now that I have the ATV1200 I can test everything easier.

I have two main questions:
* It seems that sound goes off if you are connecting the box to a receiver through HDMI. This does not seems to happens with optical audio
* About the xbmc version: xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20130223.apk what do you know about it? which differences exits with the pivos versions? I suppose it is an oficial xbmc build that should support Hardware decoding. But I only find it in a chinesse repository...

thanks everybody
Hi folks. Sort of a newbie here. Was wondering how I can flash the atv1200 firmware to my M6 Dual Core clone? It is currently running the latest tronsmart prometheus firmware but wanting to try something different.

Thanks,

iamwally
heheh awesome post....thx for the info....NOT ;-)
Rest in pieces you f**** spammer *evil*
(2013-04-10, 12:37)jgato Wrote: * About the xbmc version: xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20130223.apk what do you know about it? which differences exits with the pivos versions? I suppose it is an oficial xbmc build that should support Hardware decoding. But I only find it in a chinesse repository...

thanks everybody

from geniatech support the last xbmc version is the following:

www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20130330.zip

bye
@jalerach: it have hardware decode?
(2013-04-13, 06:16)tienlequoc Wrote: @jalerach: it have hardware decode?

yes, it is hardware decoded, but still with 720p resolution.
If you want 1080p resolution you must use a 1080p firmware but it has some problems with the sound.
Geniatech says me that they are working on to solve this problem.
(2013-04-13, 09:09)jalterach Wrote:
(2013-04-13, 06:16)tienlequoc Wrote: @jalerach: it have hardware decode?

yes, it is hardware decoded, but still with 720p resolution.
If you want 1080p resolution you must use a 1080p firmware but it has some problems with the sound.
Geniatech says me that they are working on to solve this problem.

What is the difference from this Mygica build? Do you know if this is his own build? or is it based on pivos build?

The only two big issues I have are: sound drops by hdmi and ethernet drop connection (with samba shares). I fear this is the fault of the Mygica build, nothing about XBMC Sad I mean, I am using the last pivos beta build:

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...967#p26757

20th of march and It works quite well! Is mygica compiling his own build?
this thread is becoming virtually impossible to follow Big Grin

so many different versions of the xbmc app around. and so many different versions of android (also known as firmware).

anyone able to vouch for a reliable combination of the two? ie HD videos works, and there's no problems with sound?

thanks in advance.
I'm using the Geniatech 1080p firmware from post #425 with the latest (15/4) unofficial pivos nightly from this thread http://goo.gl/89iVW and I have DTS etc no problem, just had to do the audio offset thing. HTH.
(2013-04-16, 01:18)cabbagehead Wrote: I'm using the Geniatech 1080p firmware from post #425 with the latest (15/4) unofficial pivos nightly from this thread http://goo.gl/89iVW and I have DTS etc no problem, just had to do the audio offset thing. HTH.

Do you feel any performance difference about using rescaled 1080 and real 1080 output? This resolution is also used by android launcher, browser, etc?
(2013-04-12, 07:02)iamwally Wrote: Hi folks. Sort of a newbie here. Was wondering how I can flash the atv1200 firmware to my M6 Dual Core clone? It is currently running the latest tronsmart prometheus firmware but wanting to try something different.

Thanks,

iamwally

Hi, you can try the most recent Tronsmart Prometheus firmware from this forum:
http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=85

As well I found they are offering different XBMC releases, and they have a build for Tronsmart Prometheus - http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=29
Going to test it today.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17