Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2013-05-04, 12:33)jevgenijo Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 14:12)thebearnecessit Wrote: everything was fine using hdmi, but the speakers on my tv are a bit crap.

so ive tried getting the sound through my HiFi by plugging RCA cables from the atv1200 to my HiFi.

there's no sound coming through at all on the HiFi, is it supposed to just work automatically straight away , or is there some android or xbmc setting that I am supposed to change?
Have you tried to change output device in the device settings? By default it outputs sound to hdmi and if you wand to output it to digital output you have to make changes in the settings.

Thanks for replying to try and help. My tv has crap speakers so i want to get sound through my HiFi.

Has anyone got sound coming out of their ATV1200 via the RCA ports?

My HiFi only has those red and white type inputs (I think they are called RCA). I have plugged my HiFi RCA ports into my ATV1200 ports. I used the ATV1200 Ports marked "L" & "R". But I get no sound through my stereo.

Does that sound correct?

In the android app "settings", i went into the "sound" section and clicked on "digital audio output" which gives me 3 settings
1 PCM
2 SPDIF passthrough
3 HDMI passthrough

I don't really know what these mean but none of them send the sound to my HiFi.

Has anyone got sound coming out of their ATV1200 via the RCA ports?

do i maybe need a firmware update to get more options in the sound setings?

(bonus question, the website describes "CVBS composite audio", are these the top row of yellow, white and red ports? is it these red and white ports that i plug my RCA cables into to connect to my HiFi?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by thebearnecessit - 2013-05-15, 15:44
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17