Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2013-06-15, 21:13)border304 Wrote: I'm certainly having the best success so far with spi_MX_20130510 and MX_20130506. Using the XBMC apk taken from the update_Mygica_A6_20130610 firmware as someone mentioned previously.
I can make the apk file available but don't have an account that readily facilitates such. I'm sure someone will suggest something easy if they want to avoid having to navigate a box in chinese with a remote that doesn't function correctly!
Shame it takes a day to import a library...

Quick update from me. Still using the above firmwares and the XBMC from the MyGica build as I linked previously. But now also with the ethernet patch fix which was re-linked again recently (thanks for that, overlooked it the first time). I'm outputting video via HDMI and audio via PCM; connected to network sources (mainly SMB) via ethernet. It is all almost perfect now and I'm ready to recommend this box to friends and family.

Still one small issue remains - on occasion the picture lags for a split second but when it resumes there is a faint banding on the picture (probably the greenish tint issue from before but now less pronounced). It is very intermittent - can happen many times on one file and then not again all day. Easy to work around though, the issue is cleared by using the 'back 7 secs' button on the Yatse remote (incidentally the power button can be configured to quit/exit the app which is quite handy as I've had issues if I didn't exit prior to powering the box down).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding - by border304 - 2013-07-01, 10:16
ATV1200 not responding.... - by bluemeane - 2013-07-05, 17:52
YUV and CVBS simultaneously? - by Marsbar - 2013-09-18, 21:33
Halting videos with latest fw - by robvh - 2013-09-18, 23:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17