• 63(current)
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2013-09-05, 13:13)no8080 Wrote: I have the video stuttering error too, I am on the latest firmware and using the builtin XBMC app, never had this issue before, I took a backup of XBMC and uninstalled it. Then installed the latest nightly build, Aug 27th. Installed the XBMC backup app and it does not find my backup.

So I am rebuilding my DB, I will report on how the app goes later.

Neil

Hi Neil, do you mean Aug 28th... Is it still running well. I've had the random drop outs with the funny color bar that appear after.

Cheers.
Sorry, I meant the 28th pivios nightly. I notice half way through playing my movie I had not setup the audio pass through. It was outputting 2.0 channel over coax. I changed the settings to my usual 5.1 and the audio output settings whilst playing the video from HDMI to coax and after a few minutes the video froze, the audio carries on and when the picture caught up the green haze appeared.

It only happened once, so I will carry on testing.

Neil
Hi all

just got me a Geniatech atv1200 today, updated the firmware, installed pivos build xbmc and fusion addons

has anyone got netflix to work in super hd on this media player? if so, how?

also has the pivos nightly got a built in update or wouldi have to update xbmc manually?

thanks
Hi everyone
I have the ATV1200 with 0805 f/w. My video content is on a NAS drive and i access via smb. If i use the MyGica XBMC or Pivos Xios XBMC, it only plays AVI movies and not mkv or rmvb.
The only version that plays all media types (avi, rmvb, mkv) is the xbmc.org frodo 12.2.

Could you let me know:
1) Which f/w & xbmc combination works best (plays avi, rmvb, mkv, mp4 etc) and incorporates hardware decoding?
2) How do I disable auto upgrading? *don't want to roll back and it auto upgrades.
3) Which media player does the official frodo12.2 use? maybe i can set that default player on the two non working xbmc's using playercorefactory.

thanks.
(2013-09-05, 18:28)no8080 Wrote: Sorry, I meant the 28th pivios nightly. I notice half way through playing my movie I had not setup the audio pass through. It was outputting 2.0 channel over coax. I changed the settings to my usual 5.1 and the audio output settings whilst playing the video from HDMI to coax and after a few minutes the video froze, the audio carries on and when the picture caught up the green haze appeared.

It only happened once, so I will carry on testing.

Neil

Another update, the pivios nightly build still has the jumping and colour issues, so no point installing it. Plus it still states V12.0. So we are better off with the standard firmware version of XBMC.

I have reinstalled the latest firmware.

The interesting point is for me, the video jumping and colour issues only occur when I enable the audio settings, if I leave the audio settings as the default 2.0 channels and HDMI as the output I never get the issues. I need to test whether it is the changing of the audio channels from 2.0 to 5.1 or 6.1 or if it is the audio output from HDMI that is the issue. This would explain why some people have never had these issues, as maybe they have left the audio settings to 2.0 channels.

Neil
(2013-09-06, 10:32)no8080 Wrote: The interesting point is for me, the video jumping and colour issues only occur when I enable the audio settings, if I leave the audio settings as the default 2.0 channels and HDMI as the output I never get the issues. I need to test whether it is the changing of the audio channels from 2.0 to 5.1 or 6.1 or if it is the audio output from HDMI that is the issue. This would explain why some people have never had these issues, as maybe they have left the audio settings to 2.0 channels.

I wonder if any another user had similar issue.
If it's the optical or coaxial that causes the problem, it is bad...
Please check on it and keep us informed because I'm about to purchase this device for its audio outputs.
(2013-09-06, 13:28)sakis Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 10:32)no8080 Wrote: The interesting point is for me, the video jumping and colour issues only occur when I enable the audio settings, if I leave the audio settings as the default 2.0 channels and HDMI as the output I never get the issues. I need to test whether it is the changing of the audio channels from 2.0 to 5.1 or 6.1 or if it is the audio output from HDMI that is the issue. This would explain why some people have never had these issues, as maybe they have left the audio settings to 2.0 channels.

Please check on it and keep us informed because I'm about to purchase this device for its audio outputs.

I also bought this box solely on it's audio outputs, to pass the audio to my audio decoder.

I have put the latest firmware back on, the supplied XBMC with the firmware runs much faster, so I definately would not recommend running the pivios nightly builds at all. The menus are quicker and respond better to the remote control inputs.

I will have to be forced to watch yet another movie today to test the video output, it's a hard life, I will post later with the results of watching a movie. My test settings for today are, Android OS settings set to Coax Passthrough, XBMC audio settings set to 5.1, DD, DTS, LPCM, AAC passthrough. Files will be streamed via LAN cable from SMB share.

I am not sure it is a hardware coax issue as such, as passing 2.0 channel audio through the Coax works fine, I have to use the Coax as my TV has no sound system in it, I am guessing the issue is down to the fact the DTS or DD audio is being passed through, the issue was far worse on the Pivios nightly, barely an issue on the supplied XBMC with the latest firmware. About 1 or 2 video skips per hour, the skip lasts for 3-4 seconds and then the video catches up. Only the Pivios nightly caused the green screen issues, since running the updated firmware I only get video skips now.

Neil
(2013-09-06, 13:50)no8080 Wrote: I am guessing the issue is down to the fact the DTS or DD audio is being passed through

I just now remembered that I had similar occasional problems on my Egreat M34 with certain files.
For instance, 3gb avi with AC3 5.1 (Twelve Monkeys 720p).
I think that it is the combination of a strange video and audio encoding on a video file.

Or you had it with ALL videos that you tried?
(2013-09-05, 20:50)bigup Wrote: Hi all

just got me a Geniatech atv1200 today, updated the firmware, installed pivos build xbmc and fusion addons

also has the pivos nightly got a built in update or wouldi have to update xbmc manually?

thanks

When using the pivos nightly version of the xbmc app - you need to unninstall the xbmc app and reinstall the xbmc app whenever they release a new version of it. the way i do it is to use the xbmc backup addon. i run a backup onto my 32gb sdcard. then when the new xbmc app is installed, you install the "xbmc backup" addon again and run a restore.
(2013-09-06, 15:15)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-09-05, 20:50)bigup Wrote: Hi all

thanks

When using the pivos nightly version of the xbmc app - you need to unninstall the xbmc app and reinstall the xbmc app whenever they release a new version of it. the way i do it is to use the xbmc backup addon. i run a backup onto my 32gb sdcard. then when the new xbmc app is installed, you install the "xbmc backup" addon again and run a restore.

Thanks Smile

anyone know about my netfllix question?
(2013-09-06, 14:36)sakis Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 13:50)no8080 Wrote: I am guessing the issue is down to the fact the DTS or DD audio is being passed through

I just now remembered that I had similar occasional problems on my Egreat M34 with certain files.
For instance, 3gb avi with AC3 5.1 (Twelve Monkeys 720p).
I think that it is the combination of a strange video and audio encoding on a video file.

Or you had it with ALL videos that you tried?

I have a real mix of files, but most of my movies are 720p, H264 L4.1 video with DTS if the original Blu Ray had it or DD. I have ripped my own Blu Rays, so the files are mostly the same. Some movies are 1080p rips, if it is worth it. The file sizes start at 2GB, but average about 5GB, some of the 1080p are 20GB.

I watched a 720p DTS movie this afternoon, no skips or jumps. It is an old movie to say the least, 1961, but the encode is the same as the others. I will carry on testing.

Most of my TV show rips are SD, mostly xvid in AVI with MP3, some are older divx as well.

I had a video skip on every file with DD or DTS I played, so playing a whole 80 minute movie today without a skip is pretty good,

The AVI bit is just the container, so not relevant to the codec used, a 720p AVI is likely an XVID video codec, it does seem to be the audio codec which causes the video issue. Maybe something to do with the video to audio sync.

Neil
(2013-09-06, 13:50)no8080 Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 13:28)sakis Wrote:

I also bought this box solely on it's audio outputs, to pass the audio to my audio decoder.

I have put the latest firmware back on, the supplied XBMC with the firmware runs much faster, so I definately would not recommend running the pivios nightly builds at all. The menus are quicker and respond better to the remote control inputs.

I will have to be forced to watch yet another movie today to test the video output, it's a hard life, I will post later with the results of watching a movie. My test settings for today are, Android OS settings set to Coax Passthrough, XBMC audio settings set to 5.1, DD, DTS, LPCM, AAC passthrough. Files will be streamed via LAN cable from SMB share.

I am not sure it is a hardware coax issue as such, as passing 2.0 channel audio through the Coax works fine, I have to use the Coax as my TV has no sound system in it, I am guessing the issue is down to the fact the DTS or DD audio is being passed through, the issue was far worse on the Pivios nightly, barely an issue on the supplied XBMC with the latest firmware. About 1 or 2 video skips per hour, the skip lasts for 3-4 seconds and then the video catches up. Only the Pivios nightly caused the green screen issues, since running the updated firmware I only get video skips now.

Neil

With the newest firmware and the build's inherited XBMC (12.2), outputting 5.1 via coax/optical, I don't get the colour issue at all. I still get the picture stop/audio continues thing. In fact I also get black screen cuts outs also now. But picture is always fine after. A bigger issue perhaps is the audio sometimes goes slightly out of sync. As I watch so much media, it is fine as a backup or spare room device but I've not looked back since upgrading to a mini PC. Obviously a big price differential tho.
I have been watching a few different media files today, I don't have freeview or Sky, so my media box is the only thing I use.

So far I have not had any skip or jump issues, the invideo audio output from HDMI, not Coax as I normally would have it, the XBMC audio system settings are set to 5.1 with DTS and DD passthrough. The Andriod audio settings are set to Audio passthrough, not PCM.

Neil
I agree, i think the audio pass through is a bug. I watch a 1080p DTS MKV last night after 10 min i noticed there was no sound coming from the rear channel. XBMC had reset all the setting back to 2.0Huh, so i changed them back to my normal 5.1 DD, DTS options and within 10 more mins the skipping/pausing started and the colours went funny when it came back.

Major problem this for me as i only have a amp that has optical inputs (no HDMI)Sad. XBMC i love it but this little box which showed much promise to start with is turn out to be a P.O.S...Angry

Any help would be greatly received,

Cheers.
Anyone experiencing wakeup problems with the ATV1200 and 20130805 Firmware?

If I have the box running and power it off with the remote it will power back on providing the TV is still on the same HDMI source input. If I change to a different source input while the box is off then the ATV1200 will not power back on with either the remote or by pushing the button, I have to long press the ON button to get it going again.

The same thing happens if I just pull the HDMI cable, ie box is running fine, pull HDMI, use remote to power off, box will not come back on.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17