Req Audio passthrough
Why in new builds od Raspbmc missing DTS-HD MA and TrueHD audio passthrough via HDMI? Many people (include me) have capable amplifier to decode it. Please add this options to system menu
I think you are looking for here: http://forum.stmlabs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
There's a lot of misinformation about the lack of HD audio (such as that it requires licensing even just to bitstream, which is not true), but the short answer is that someone has to spend a few weeks coding the necessary modifications to the Raspberry Pi GPU firmware to support it.

The RPi Foundation said they don't have the money to pay for the work (although Dom @ Rpi has been tinkering) and the XBMC devs are plenty busy as is.
Does the Pi actually support audio bitrates above 1500bps via HDMI? I ask since multi-channel (> 2.0) LinearPCM does not seem to implemented. If it can't do more than 1500bps then DTS-HD and TrueHD will never be supported either.
(2013-01-04, 13:37)Jeilong Wrote: Does the Pi actually support audio bitrates above 1500bps via HDMI? I ask since multi-channel (> 2.0) LinearPCM does not seem to implemented. If it can't do more than 1500bps then DTS-HD and TrueHD will never be supported either.
Yes. The hello audio example can be trivially changed to output up to 8 channel PCM.
+1 for DST-HD MA and True-HD passthrough on the Raspberry!

I have 2 RPi and I am very satisfied with them, but I'm really missing this feature. Thats why I have considered to exchange one of them with an Apple TV (with XMBC). As far as I know the Apple TV box is supporting DTS-HD and True-HD passthrough. Can anyone confirm this?
(2013-01-09, 23:13)KAnd Wrote: I have 2 RPi and I am very satisfied with them, but I'm really missing this feature. Thats why I have considered to exchange one of them with an Apple TV (with XMBC). As far as I know the Apple TV box is supporting DTS-HD and True-HD passthrough. Can anyone confirm this?

Memphiz: "hd audio pass through will most likly never be supported on atv2"
Same for ATV3.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132847
(2013-01-10, 00:02)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 23:13)KAnd Wrote: I have 2 RPi and I am very satisfied with them, but I'm really missing this feature. Thats why I have considered to exchange one of them with an Apple TV (with XMBC). As far as I know the Apple TV box is supporting DTS-HD and True-HD passthrough. Can anyone confirm this?

Same for ATV3.

Oh... thank you for making that clear.

So what are the alternatives for now? I guess there is no cheap and low power consummation box that supports hd audio for now, so maybe I will have to consider a minipc like the Acer RL80?.

(2013-01-10, 09:59)KAnd Wrote:
(2013-01-10, 00:02)popcornmix Wrote:

Same for ATV3.

Oh... thank you for making that clear.

So what are the alternatives for now? I guess there is no cheap and low power consummation box that supports hd audio for now, so maybe I will have to consider a minipc like the Acer RL80?.

Express your intrest here to have the raspberry pi to pass hd audio

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...1&start=50

Hi,
Can I set the XBMC to pass DTS core/DD from file which contains DTS-HD/TrueHD audio?
I'm just interesing about watching BD rips without any problem.
(I don't care with HD sound but I'd like 5.1 without any pre-transcoding/converting the files)
Thanks a lot
yes
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Super! Is there any limitation or all everything is smooth?
TrueHD doesnt have a core like dts-ma so it cant pass anything if you have truehd
Question 
(2013-06-06, 10:34)goujam Wrote: TrueHD doesnt have a core like dts-ma so it cant pass anything if you have truehd

not core but nowadays it contains normal DD, if I'm right. NOT? Huh
(2013-06-06, 16:22)pszab Wrote:
(2013-06-06, 10:34)goujam Wrote: TrueHD doesnt have a core like dts-ma so it cant pass anything if you have truehd

not core but nowadays it contains normal DD, if I'm right. NOT? Huh

yes Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio passthrough0