• 6(current)
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4
(2013-07-23, 18:03)Samu-rai Wrote: The only problem I can see with removing the 'The', is that the scrapper may not be able to scrape the movies correctly.

If it doesn’t you could get round this by manually scraping them (press i on each file and choose 'reload'), but this could be quite time consuming depending on how many files you have.

So what I am going to do is just manually put them in the correct folder. So "The Alamo" I will just drag and drop into folder "A-K" which then becomes a sub menu. Seems the easiest way to make Windows work with XBMC. Thanks for you insight. As I go through creating my playlist, favorites, and menu buttons, I am sure I might have a question or two. But not many. You have great directions. Thanks.
(2013-07-24, 09:51)Samu-rai Wrote: OK, so when you press enter on Anime Movies. nothing at all happens?

Yes, that's correct. It's also the same with the other custom buttons that I created to match the other custom playlists.

Also, when it comes to the files themselves, I had to go into the "Files" option and add the source of the files there.
(2013-07-24, 17:12)borgmanjayce Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 09:51)Samu-rai Wrote: OK, so when you press enter on Anime Movies. nothing at all happens?

Yes, that's correct. It's also the same with the other custom buttons that I created to match the other custom playlists.

Also, when it comes to the files themselves, I had to go into the "Files" option and add the source of the files there.

And you've followed the instructions on this tutorial exactly?
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2013-07-24, 18:00)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 17:12)borgmanjayce Wrote:

And you've followed the instructions on this tutorial exactly?
And I followed the instructions exactly as written in your guide.
That is very strange. Do the playlists you set up work on their own, without adding them to the main menu?

(2013-07-25, 09:49)Samu-rai Wrote: That is very strange. Do the playlists you set up work on their own, without adding them to the main menu?

I'm going to be setting up new playlists in the next day or so. In the meantime, if I disable the original TV Shows and Movies buttons to make them disappear, I take it that means that to have custom playlists set up for files from the regular TV Shows and Movies folders, I can create new buttons named "TV Shows" and "Movies" and connect said playlists to those?

EDIT: I created the playlists and I tried it with Anime TV Series which I somehow managed to attach to the relevant custom button although I can't remember how I did it. But now I have a new problem in that the episodes for the shows that were named by Filebot using AniDB somehow aren't appearing in the relevant sections while the ones for the shows that were named by the software using TVDB are appearing in the relevant sections (The ones which have the number of seasons and episodes underneath the title)

Also, after creating the sources, when I checked the one for the anime movies, instead of going directly to a movie itself, I ended up going into the folder instead.
(2013-07-27, 23:31)borgmanjayce Wrote:
(2013-07-25, 09:49)Samu-rai Wrote: That is very strange. Do the playlists you set up work on their own, without adding them to the main menu?

I'm going to be setting up new playlists in the next day or so. In the meantime, if I disable the original TV Shows and Movies buttons to make them disappear, I take it that means that to have custom playlists set up for files from the regular TV Shows and Movies folders, I can create new buttons named "TV Shows" and "Movies" and connect said playlists to those?

EDIT: I created the playlists and I tried it with Anime TV Series which I somehow managed to attach to the relevant custom button although I can't remember how I did it. But now I have a new problem in that the episodes for the shows that were named by Filebot using AniDB somehow aren't appearing in the relevant sections while the ones for the shows that were named by the software using TVDB are appearing in the relevant sections (The ones which have the number of seasons and episodes underneath the title)

Also, after creating the sources, when I checked the one for the anime movies, instead of going directly to a movie itself, I ended up going into the folder instead.

It sounds like there is something wrong with the playlists you have set up. For your Anime TV show playlist try changing the 'Type' to 'Mixed' and see what it does.

What you're describing with the movies source is because that particular movie has not been scrapped. If you check, it won't be showing in your movie library either.

(2013-07-29, 15:46)borgmanjayce Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 14:52)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-07-27, 11:34)borgmanjayce Wrote: And obviously I'd have to create new buttons for those too, right?

To be honest, I'm just surprised (and I'm sure a lot of others are surprised too) that for smart playlists for shows and movies that you have to disable the buttons for the main ones for the custom ones to work properly.

Sorry, you missunderstood what I said. Smart playlist, if set up correctly, will work regardless of which home screen buttons you have activated or not.

As per the tutorial however, if you want to completely separate certain types of media you will need to disable the standard buttons, as these will list every movie or tv show in your collection. Which makes the entire process rather pointless.

Hopefully that's a bit clearer?

Definitely much clearer although it's a small price to pay for hopefully getting things sorted out.

Also, how do I reset the number of "+vplaylist"'s to the maximum number after deleting the original ones and creating new ones as it seems to be stuck at 5, even though I deleted the last ones that I created so that i could redo them as there seemed to be problems with the previous ones that I created.

If you delete all 10 then it should given you all of them back again. The only other way I can think of off the op of my head would be to rest the skin, but that would return you to the skins default settings, and delete all of the customization you have made to date.

(2013-07-30, 12:04)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-07-27, 23:31)borgmanjayce Wrote:

It sounds like there is something wrong with the playlists you have set up. For your Anime TV show playlist try changing the 'Type' to 'Mixed' and see what it does.

What you're describing with the movies source is because that particular movie has not been scrapped. If you check, it won't be showing in your movie library either.

(2013-07-29, 15:46)borgmanjayce Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 14:52)Samu-rai Wrote: Sorry, you missunderstood what I said. Smart playlist, if set up correctly, will work regardless of which home screen buttons you have activated or not.

As per the tutorial however, if you want to completely separate certain types of media you will need to disable the standard buttons, as these will list every movie or tv show in your collection. Which makes the entire process rather pointless.

Hopefully that's a bit clearer?

Definitely much clearer although it's a small price to pay for hopefully getting things sorted out.

Also, how do I reset the number of "+vplaylist"'s to the maximum number after deleting the original ones and creating new ones as it seems to be stuck at 5, even though I deleted the last ones that I created so that i could redo them as there seemed to be problems with the previous ones that I created.

If you delete all 10 then it should given you all of them back again. The only other way I can think of off the op of my head would be to rest the skin, but that would return you to the skins default settings, and delete all of the customization you have made to date.

Once again, thanks for the advice, Samu-rai (and sorry for hijacking the Artwork Downloader thread without realizing it! *sweatdrop*). I'll give your advice a go and I'll definitely be considering resetting the skin so that I can start from scratch and hopefully fix another problem that I have with it.
Honestly, no need to apologies or thank me. Let me know how you get on. It does seem to me that your playlists aren't being set up correctly.

My advice would be to delete all your playlists, and reset the skin. Then start by setting up a playlist for your regular movies, and follow each step of the tutorial exactly. Once you have that sorted, we can move on to the anime etc.

(2013-07-30, 17:41)Samu-rai Wrote: Honestly, no need to apologies or thank me. Let me know how you get on. It does seem to me that your playlists aren't being set up correctly.

My advice would be to delete all your playlists, and reset the skin. Then start by setting up a playlist for your regular movies, and follow each step of the tutorial exactly. Once you have that sorted, we can move on to the anime etc.
Thanks for being so patient with me over this, especially as I seem to be such a klutz with this sort of thing.i

In any case, after resetting the skin, I'm going to delete the Movies and TV Shows buttons before starting to create the playlists and relevant buttons for each playlist.

If I ever create a guide on how to set up XBMC for anime shows and movies and posted it on the XBMC forums, would it be OK if I added a link to this thread?
Of course. Not a problem.

I'm probably going to try this out in the next few days. A couple of questions:

1) Should I delete the existing "Movies" and "TV Shows" buttons from the main menu before starting this?
2) Once this is done, when I move to "Kids Movies" for example (but before I click it), will it rotate fan art of just the movies of that playlist, or still all movies? (Or something else?)

Thanks.
(2013-08-06, 22:52)theredguy Wrote: I'm probably going to try this out in the next few days. A couple of questions:

1) Should I delete the existing "Movies" and "TV Shows" buttons from the main menu before starting this?
2) Once this is done, when I move to "Kids Movies" for example (but before I click it), will it rotate fan art of just the movies of that playlist, or still all movies? (Or something else?)

Thanks.

1, Before or after shouldn't matter

2. On my custom "Kids Movies" menu item when selecting to show multiple background images it showed both kids and adult movie backdrops because the Artwork Organiser add-on just dumps all the movie fanart in to one local folder. So I disabled rotating fanart on the kids HTPC. Would be nice to have it just showing kids movie fanart though if possible.
(2013-08-06, 23:31)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 22:52)theredguy Wrote: I'm probably going to try this out in the next few days. A couple of questions:

Thanks.

1, Before or after shouldn't matter

2. On my custom "Kids Movies" menu item when selecting to show multiple background images it showed both kids and adult movie backdrops because the Artwork Organiser add-on just dumps all the movie fanart in to one local folder. So I disabled rotating fanart on the kids HTPC. Would be nice to have it just showing kids movie fanart though if possible.

Create separate folders for each category of fanart (Movies, Kid's Movies, TV Shows etc) and then put the associated fanarts in each folder.

Go into the customisation screen and choose one of the custom playlist buttons, and there will be an option to show multiple backgrounds.

Choose this and browse for the relevant fanart folder. It will now rotate through the fanarts for that category only.

Hi,

I'm having a weird issue. For some reason I can only have 2 of the playlists working at the same time. I'm trying to do 3: Anime, Movies, TV Shows. Movies seems to always work, but if I add the other two only the latter works. All I hear is beeping when I click on it. I can switch witch order I add them in and it's still only two that work. This is also a new install of XBMC and the skin.

Edit: Looks like I'm having the same issue that borgmanjayce is having (from reading the thread)

Any ideas?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4 3