Feature Request - Audio Delay
I have a need to change the audio delay setting based on sampling freq of the audio being played.

I think this should be done as Player.SetAudioDelay and also have current audio delay returned in Player.Property.Value

If this is 'easy' for someone else to do I would really appreciate it, otherwise I will fumble around for a while (I've never done C++) and try to work it out for myself in the next few weeks then post back here for review.

I don't have a need for subtitles but for consistency it would seem make sense for the same to exist for those also.

I can only see this being used from Python but it makes more sense in json-rpc, any thoughts on that?

Thanks,
Chris
As already mentioned in other feature request, JSON-RPC currently doesn't support changing properties that can either be set in the system setting window or in any other setting window (in this case the "Audio and Subtitle settings" dialog of the player. The reason for this is not, that it's not possible. The problem is that if you open the settings dialog, then use JSON-RPC to change a setting currently visible on your screen, the control in the dialog will not update and when you then try to use your keyboard or whatever to change the same setting in the GUI, you will end up in a more or less undefined state because the value you manipulate in the GUI does not match the actual value anymore.

This issue is not as problematic for all the settings, audio delay wouldn't be much of an issue I guess. There's also audio stream and subtitle control methods in JSON-RPC which have the same problem but I only added those because it's probably the most changed/used setting from that dialog.

I'm currently working on refactoring how settings work in XBMC which will then allow to automatically adjust the control of the settings you see in the GUI when you change a setting through JSON-RPC. After that it will be possible to add support to change almost all of those settings.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ah ok, I skimmed through a few other feature request threads but must have missed that part.

If the issue you describe is being worked on then I will wait and after refactoring is completed I'll review if the settings I need are available and try to work out a patch if its still needed.

The audio hardware that I want to use this feature with is still in development and at the moment there are real issues getting audio to work with any video playback as the delay in the hardware is all over the shop and not constant. All of which is to say, I'm in no hurry. If it was a matter of me mostly replicating code for one of the other settings I'd give it a crack and provide a patch. But, since I'm not in a hurry I don't see a need to go creating more code that needs re-work.

Thanks,
Chris
With PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22109
has been added the JSON RPC setting support for audio offset
that will be available on next Kodi v21 (nightlies)
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request - Audio Delay0