Req Recently Added by date?
With the release of Frodo I found the change of Recently Added to the release date valuable but definitely have times when I want to quickly see the movies I just put in my library vs. looking through my entire library to find them.

I did some searching but didn't find any answers regarding having both options or an addon that adds a "Recently added to Library" link to the menu next to "Recently Added".

Does anyone have a lead on adding that as an additional option so both types are available? I'm happy to put some funds on the table to get this done, just drop me a note letting me know how much $$$.
This change has been bothering a lot of people, including me. I can't for the life of me understand why one of the most useful features has been broken like this. When asked why they did it, the most common answer seems to be to link to the FAQ and say "not a bug, it's by design".... as if that explains it. That is, if you even get an answer at all - no one cared to reply to your thread in 6 months, for example. Go figure.

Breaking this feature was a really, really bad decision. And to date, no one has even managed to explain WHY it was intentionally broken.
It's not broken, it was improved. Many more people were bothered with the fact that when a library refresh was done or you back filled some TV shows you were missing or when you first scanned the library in it would just list the last scanned movies/TV shows as "recently added", not the latest added to your collection (ie actually new files).

What I don't understand is why you wouldn't want it to list recently added by date added. Makes a lot more sense then by random selection based on when scanned in. Aren't "movies I just put into my library" the same as "movies just added to where you store your media"? Do you rip a DVD then wait six months to add it to you libraryHuh

Here's the "fix" right in the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ntly_added
(I just googled "recently added frodo" might be a good idea to try and search first....)
Thanks for clarifying, bnevets. That does make sense, however simply changing an established feature to something totally different, while keeping the same name of the function in place, doesn't seem like a good solution. What you say makes sense, but a much better way would have been to keep the existing function in place and add a new one in addition to that.

My issue is that I have movies spread out across a couple old drives that I ripped a while ago, and I'm in the process of consolidating everything on new drives. These copy operations don't seem to change the file creation date, and it's a little frustrating to have all the movies mixed together by their original date.

I did find the advanced settings option you link to, and I added that a little while ago - the problem is that it doesn't work at all. Old movies that I add to the library still get indexed with their file date, and don't appear on top of the list.

I do hope we can get the original function back as an additional option, especially since the advancedsettings way doesn't seem to work as intended.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently Added by date?0