"Force Xbox Compatibility" played with DVDPlayer
when pressing the black button, it gives info...

last line says (next to frame rate): dvd player

!! shouldn't this be mplayer?
ok, did some more testing...

same dvd...

when just pressing play, movie starts, but no subs are shown...
player info shows that player is "dvd player".

when going to the info, selecting "placeholder" and then selecting mplayer to play the movie...tadaaa...subs show!! also info shows player is mplayer.

so basically i think this is the problem:

xbmc checks the disc, and sees it's a dvd. it doesn't check whether it's a video dvd or a data dvd. when seeing it's a dvd, it just puts dvd player as default, regardless of content.

solution is that if dvd contains data, and is not a video dvd (meaning if it does not contain video ts or audio ts, or something like that), the mplayer should be used instead of the dvd player.

daxie
Sad 
(daxie @ oct. 03 2005,19:00 Wrote:when going to the info, selecting "placeholder" and then selecting mplayer to play the movie...tadaaa...subs show!! also info shows player is mplayer.
hmm, are you 100% sure you use the latest cvs and that you updated correctly (as it shouldn't read "placeholder" there in newer build!Wink?, did you really do a real clean installation by first deleting all old xbmc files/folders?, and if you using xbmc as your dashboard also replaced/updated xbmc's xbe and xml in the root of the c: partition?, for troubleshooting purposes please also try to use unmodified xml files, also try deleting: "e:\cache\*.*", "y:\*.*", "x:\*.*", "z:\*.*" and all xbmc's database files (*.db in e:\apps\xbmc\albums\, if e:\apps\xbmc\ is the installation folder), plus delete or rename the autoexec.py file that is in the script folder.

ps! if you use evox as your dashboard then make sure you are using the latest version of it, and in evox.ini disable both igr (in game reset) and tsr (trainers), plus try physically disconnect the network cable (if that helps then there's a evox to xbmc conflict). in addition make sure that the video mode/standard option for xbmc is set to "auto" in evox. (note! if use dhcp with evox make sure you then also use dhcp xbmc, same with static ip; if use static ip in evox make sure you then also use static ip in xbmc).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yes i'm sure
always clear install for tests
xbmc as dashboard

it's strange but not all my dvd disk plays with the new dvdplayer by default

i compile myself - but i also try public cvs build
it was start after dvdplayer becomes public

smuto

installation was indeed latest cvs.

did not clear caches (since i'm using two builds next to each other, cause my parents want to watch without any hassle).

will clear caches on next try. (tomorrow)

but since smuto has done it properly and still has the issues...

but i'll try!

daxie
Big Grin 
(daxie @ oct. 04 2005,14:03 Wrote:i'm using two builds next to each other, cause my parents want to watch without any hassle
are you saying you got two copies of xbmc installed on the same xbox?, becuase that is not supported and will cause problems if tried!

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_faq.htm#15
Quote:q: can i put two build versions of xbox media center on the same xbox™ (hard disk drive)?
a: no, different build levels of xboxmediacenter can conflict with each other & cause problems.
you can however have one version of xboxmediacenter and one version of xboxmediaplayer.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
yep, i always did...

when updating i always renamed the old one to xbmc_old...

never had any problems with it so far.

will try a clean install tomorrow...
so deleting all files from the places you've mentioned is enough?
(daxie @ oct. 04 2005,14:34 Wrote:when updating i always renamed the old one to xbmc_old...

never had any problems with it so far.
well you do have problems now so you must stop (and delete both/all) for thoughshooting purposes or we won't be able to help you.

(daxie @ oct. 04 2005,14:34 Wrote:deleting all files from the places you've mentioned is enough?
yes (when got problems after updating so need to troubleshoot one must do a clean installation by completly deleting the xbmc folder with all it's files plus all those cache locations
(gamester17 @ oct. 04 2005,11:37 Wrote:deleting "e:\cache\*.*", "y:\*.*", "x:\*.*", "z:\*.*".
in addition for troubleshooting purposes please also try to use unmodified xml files plus delete or rename the autoexec.py file that is in the script folder.

ps! @daxie, smuto stated that he is using xbmc as his dashboard but are you?, and can you both please use exact date/time when you are refering the 'the latest cvs/build'?
don't use it as a dash... i start it from evox

will get the 2005-10-03 3ch and do a clean install with that one...
(daxie @ oct. 04 2005,14:48 Wrote:don't use it as a dash... i start it from evox
then please follow these instructions as well:
(gamester17 @ oct. 04 2005,11:37 Wrote:if you use evox as your dashboard then make sure you are using the latest version of it, and in evox.ini disable both igr (in game reset) and tsr (trainers), plus try physically disconnect the network cable (if that helps then there's a evox to xbmc conflict). in addition make sure that the video mode/standard option for xbmc is set to "auto" in evox. (note! if use dhcp with evox make sure you then also use dhcp xbmc, same with static ip; if use static ip in evox make sure you then also use static ip in xbmc).
Quote:it's strange but not all my dvd disk plays with the new dvdplayer by default

it's not true!!

when u put multiple avi to the drive and autorun videos is on first movie is play by mpayer but if u do it manualy dvdplayer is always default
Sad 
(smuto @ oct. 04 2005,15:48 Wrote:when u put multiple avi to the drive and autorun videos is on first movie is play by mpayer but if u do it manualy dvdplayer is always default
please explain what exacly you mean by "manualy" (preferable include detailed step-by-step intruction for replication so anyone who follow those should get the same result)?
ok then
multiple avi dvd

folder1
smuto1.avi
smuto1.txt
folder2
smuto2.avi
smuto2.txt

manually

startup
home window
my  videos - manually a button
dvd room - manually a button
folder1 - manually a button
smuto1 - manually a button
or
startup
home window
my videos - manually a button
dvd room - manually a button
manually white button - query info for all files
swich view - manually a button - title
smuto1 - manually a button

movie is playing by dvdplayer

public xbmc-cvs_2005-10-03-t3ch

for me it seems to be connected to if the dvd with the .avi's has been assembled using nero's xbox dvd compatible udf system or as an ordinary iso, joliet system.

udf filesystem gives no subtitles, iso works perfectly. so it seems to me that like someone else said above if udf filesystem is used you have to check which type of data is on the disk and not just start to use the internal dvdplayer as default.

(tester3 @ oct. 05 2005,01:25 Wrote:for me it seems to be connected to if the dvd with the .avi's has been assembled using nero's xbox dvd compatible udf system or as an ordinary iso, joliet system.

udf filesystem gives no subtitles, iso works perfectly. so it seems to me that like someone else said above if udf filesystem is used you have to check which type of data is on the disk and not just start to use the internal dvdplayer as default.
interesting!

will check on this!

will make a udf one and an iso one with same content and see if you are correct.

daxie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Force Xbox Compatibility" played with DVDPlayer0