Smile 
(smuto @ oct. 04 2005,17:10 Wrote:multiple avi dvd

folder1
smuto1.avi
smuto1.txt
folder2
smuto2.avi
smuto2.txt
.txt isn't a supported/valid subtitle format or extension, please download and test a supported subtitle format like .srt, smi, .ssa, or .sub (don't just rename your .txt files!Wink.

...but in any case the dvdplayer should currently not be the default player for any other video (or audio) files other that dvd-video discs or dvd-video .img and .iso images
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i can confirm what tester3 said...

same files, same movies...

dvd burnt using udf/iso and 'force xbox compatibility'
==> dvd player is automatically chosen, and no subs

dvd burn as iso
==> ffmpeg as player, and subs show

all on same cvs.

so it appears that if it finds a udf file structure, it choses dvd player, while it shouldn't.

let me know if you need more testing.

daxie
Sad 
thanks for narrowing down and finding the cause, however now i'm not so sure that we can classify this as a real bug; you see the "force xbox compatibility" feature in ahead nero actually burns the disc as dvd-video (there's even a note in nero about that) hence because it's burnt as dvd-video xbmc will asume that it a dvd-video (thus xbmc will play it using the new built-in dvdplayer). fact is you should never use that "force xbox compatibility" to burn data-discs for xbmc, "force xbox compatibility" should only be used to burn xbox-games and bootable xbox-cd/dvd, ...this has always been our (team-xbmp/xbmc) opinion, ...if you want to burn data-discs for xbmc then you should use normal iso-mode in nero (or any other burner program), also note that if you used "force xbox compatibility"to burn a disc then it can not be read on a computer if that pc has a operation system that do not support udf (like example windows 95/98/me).

ps! maybe the xbmc developers can still work around this issue so that mplayer will be used to auto-play those discs but understand it will not be a priority.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i have always burnt all my discs that way, and it never made any problem.

i understand it may not be high priority, but would it be a great deal, programming wise?

do you somewhere state that it is not adviced, as you say?

i will burn future dvd's as iso's, but i still have about 20 others...
guess i'll have to learn my parents how to use the "play with..." feature... (aargh, god help me)

but i hope it gets "fixed".
i have a lot of udf burned divx compilation.
please can you explain ste by step how let xbmc use ffmpeg to play avi and subs?
thank you Smile
if you go to your movies, and you select the dvd, you have your files...

then choose the white button, a menu will appear...

on that menu choos "play with..." and then choose mplayer.
that should do it.
(daxie @ oct. 06 2005,08:08 Wrote:do you somewhere state that it is not adviced, as you say?
what do you mean?, if you're asking if we said it before then yes, many, many times before, even 'way back' in the xbmp days before the xbmc project was started, search if you will
thank you Smile
now it works perfectly Smile
(gamester17 @ oct. 06 2005,11:03 Wrote:
(daxie @ oct. 06 2005,08:08 Wrote:do you somewhere state that it is not adviced, as you say?
what do you mean?, if you're asking if we said it before then yes, many, many times before, even 'way back' in the xbmp days before the xbmc project was started, search if you will
if i only had known...

but if one doesn't have issues, one doesn't look for a solution...

hope you guys find the time to solve the "issue".
hi there! first, and sorry for my poor english
after the last 3 updates from tech, 09/21, 09/28 and 10/03 i'm having problems when trying to paly videos from discs, problems that i never had before.
- when playing avis, no matter if xvid or divx, it's not possible ffd or rw: audio just disappears but video speed remains the same.
- when playing mkv, xvid+aac, video plays mute and cannot skip or scan
in both situations if i try to play the same files from a streaming server o from internal hd everything's perfect, so i don't think it's a matter of codec
can someone help me?
thanksalot

sounds like dvdplayer is used for these files (it shouldnt -- bug). browse the dvd disc, hit white, choose play using... and see what the default option is, you can also try to use mplayer there, should fix the issues.

(pike @ oct. 07 2005,15:20 Wrote:ì... and see what the default option is, you can also try to use mplayer there, should fix the issues.
wonderful, half of the problem solved.
is there a way to associate avi, mkv and a bunch of other extensions to mplayer instead of dvdplayer as they are now?
tried editing xboxmediacenter.xml, but i didn't find anything useful there.
thanks a lot
think i fixed it in cvs. no discs to test with though.

look for

- 08-10-2005 fixed: dvdplayer would be associated with any files on udf discs.

spiff
spiff,

thank you, it seems to work.
great they fixed it!

xbmc rules...

(now i can post my next issue :p ) :bowdown:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Force Xbox Compatibility" played with DVDPlayer0