libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
Hello Ned,

I installed that new .apk on my nexus 7 and tested it. I then just had to turn on my pc again (I am more comfortable typing there) to express my happiness: while the other builds did not really work on my nexus, this new one is a huge, huge step forward. My test (explained a few lines from here) was nearly an overall success. All that´s left is, hard to explain, some frame (I guess, it´s exactly one frame) that is kind of "blipping" in in a very periodical timely manner. Every few seconds it seems like "the 10th-last frame" is put inbetween the current ones. Depending on the movement of the scene it is sometimes hard to notice, but the more the scene is moving, the more obvious it gets. boy: this is hard to describe.
I tested with my personal "2012"-bluray-rip I made for my video library from my bluray version of the movie. It has 12gb (DTS) in size - I can´t tell the medium bitrate involved. But I can tell that this movie did not run with the previous versions; all I got from them was a very choppy playback leading to stuttering sound. totally not watchable. Now it´s like 99.987% working! And: Oh, does HD look great on that nexus thingie!

Testing with that new .apk from the 18th my very first impression was: "Oh my god, he got it!" - but than I got aware of this "one frame blipping any few seconds"-thing.
I think you are damn well on your way. I wish you the best of luck and lot´s of coffee to reach your goal: you are the man!

Best regards from germany,
Martin

Messages In This Thread
RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - by FrickenBubba - 2013-01-19, 01:50
libstagefright - by mo123 - 2013-05-14, 14:29
RE: libstagefright - by Koying - 2013-05-14, 14:30
RE: libstagefright - by Maverick5269 - 2013-05-16, 23:04
RE: libstagefright - by matander - 2013-05-19, 18:26
RE: libstagefright - by FreeFrag - 2013-05-22, 13:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10