libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
(2013-04-20, 02:11)vel2000 Wrote:
(2013-04-20, 00:35)michael123 Wrote: The 'problem' like you've been told already, is that they need to use open source stuff only, so that's what they're doing, MX Player etc. all used closed source stuff.

I understand, what you and @PalmiNio mean. (IF it is so....)
But just repeating @PalmiNio without providing any useful information, is not that, what I was looking for. Wink
REAL information please.
What exactly is this "non open source stuff"?
What kind of "stuff" we are talking about?
Firmwares, frameworks, binary blobs or what?
Any details, links, etc.?
HW acceleration is an integrated system-function in Android since 3.0.
This is documented, so every player/app can use it. (What MX and Co. do, without "black-magic")
I am definetely sure, if this "close source stuff" would be the true and only reason, we would have an "unofficial patch" or "plugin" already....
Like many other "unofficial stuff"..Cool

However, I find this libstagefright project interesting and will participate with tests and logs later, when I really woke up...

There's tons of info about XBMC and open source. No need to clog this thread up, but basically if the developer can't see the full code they don't use it. So no binaries are called. I don't know much about MX player so I can't comment further what binaries they use.

Messages In This Thread
RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - by droshi - 2013-04-20, 03:17
libstagefright - by mo123 - 2013-05-14, 14:29
RE: libstagefright - by Koying - 2013-05-14, 14:30
RE: libstagefright - by Maverick5269 - 2013-05-16, 23:04
RE: libstagefright - by matander - 2013-05-19, 18:26
RE: libstagefright - by FreeFrag - 2013-05-22, 13:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10