JSON-RPC, Server side Notifications
Hello i've read the documentation in the wiki, and i don't get how these works.
I mean, xbmc would send notification to all clients connected... but how? Do i need a JSON-RPC Server in my client to handle the notification? if so, how i tell xbmc where to send notification?How i establish the connection?
You open a TCP or a WebSocket (which is a TCP connection running the WebSocket protocol) connection which is a bidirectional connection between xbmc and your application. That way xbmc can send notifications to your application as long as the connection is open.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi guys!
I tried, but I could not make a tcp connection!
Can you show me some code?

Thanks!
you just need to use the port 9090
I've succesfully ( in this case it means i've connected the server and received notification) used an rpc extension for chrome using 9090 as port and http as transport.

I tried the port 9090, but I think I've changed the default port to 80. How was your request?
The webserver port you can change in xbmc's settings is not the same as the port of the JSON-RPC TCP server. That one can only be changed in advancedsettings.xml and it defaults to 9090. Did you follow http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...g_JSON-RPC to be sure you have enabled all the necessary settings?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC, Server side Notifications0