• 5(current)
auto hide/show lower nav bar.
Avatar, opening scene, with spacecraft against a background of stars. Watch the stars shimmy when the pixels are not one to one. Scaling when objects are one pixel objects is a bitch Smile
One problem the window isn't stretched under the NAV bar and causes the resolution to be off other than that kudos. The problem can be solved with the link I posted originally.

(2013-01-19, 07:26)davilla Wrote: Avatar, opening scene, with spacecraft against a background of stars. Watch the stars shimmy when the pixels are not one to one. Scaling when objects are one pixel objects is a bitch Smile
I don't think I follow. Does this mean there is a glitch with rendering when the window re-sizes due to the action bar showing and hiding?
window.FEATURE_ACTION_BAR_OVERLAY should fix the resolution issue as it is removing the space the NAV bar takes up from the resolution

http://developer.android.com/reference/a...AR_OVERLAY

This should allow XBMC to properly detect the resolution of the device. For instance on my nexus 4 it is detecting the resolution as 1196x768 instead of 1280x768 and it does not adjust after loading so unless the nav bar is hidden at load so the proper res can be detected or the nav bar is layered upon the app it will not display the video correctly.

Edit: stupid auto correct; in a real browser now
(2013-01-19, 08:07)slhpss Wrote: window.FEATURE_ACTION_BAR_OVERLAY should fix the resolution issue as it is removing the space the NAV bar takes up from the resolution

Edit: stupid auto correct

Good timing Smile

I had just added "android:windowActionBarOverlay="true"" to my manifest.xml but the changes don't seem to take in the NDK windows. Time to do this in the activity and see what happens.
awesome great work... willing to guinea pig it for you any time
(2013-01-19, 08:20)slhpss Wrote: awesome great work... willing to guinea pig it for you any time

Sounds good. I'll post updated builds as soon as I have the code generally tested.
(2013-01-19, 08:14)kemonine96 Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 08:07)slhpss Wrote: window.FEATURE_ACTION_BAR_OVERLAY should fix the resolution issue as it is removing the space the NAV bar takes up from the resolution

Edit: stupid auto correct

Good timing Smile

I had just added "android:windowActionBarOverlay="true"" to my manifest.xml but the changes don't seem to take in the NDK windows. Time to do this in the activity and see what happens.

Yeah, using the overlay option has a problem: The whole native activity is a single window, regardless of it being video or UI, so everything will be overlayed: add "rootView.setSystemUiVisibility(0x200|0x400);" to setRootView() to see what I mean Sad
It fixes video, but everything else looks weird.

The only thing I can think of to make it look decent while keeping the single-activity approach is to always auto-hide the navbar, not just in video/visualizations.
I think that would work if the nav is auto hid when resolution detection takes place. If I use the bar hide program I have to hide before opening but if I drop at and show then go back to xbmc then hide from inside it is fine (using xbmc power menu expand desktop in cm)
(2013-01-19, 19:18)slhpss Wrote: I think that would work if the nav is auto hid when resolution detection takes place. If I use the bar hide program I have to hide before opening but if I drop at and show then go back to xbmc then hide from inside it is fine (using xbmc power menu expand desktop in cm)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-seqBH...847/13+-+1
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-8LsVQ...847/13+-+3

That's the problem with calculating the dimensions from the start: UI elements get covered. Video looks good and nicely fills the screen, but everything else looks broken.
Maybe keep the hide constant then honestly with the in app navigation it is superfluous
(2013-01-19, 20:52)slhpss Wrote: Maybe keep the hide constant then honestly with the in app navigation it is superfluous

Part of the problem with this approach is you can't hide the action bar 100% on JB on devices lacking physical buttons for back/home/menu. The action bar will auto-show on 1st tap if it is hidden and then subsequent taps will register within the XBMC activity. If always hiding the action bar was enabled you'd have to double tap a lot which would get irritating fast. There would also be problems with any skins that lack the back/home nav buttons if the action bar was 100% hidden.

I am thinking of taking a shot at firing a resolution changed event whenever the action bar shows/hides to see if that will rectify the problem. If a resolution change posts to the video player / music viz windows it looks like it will re-paint properly and avoid the issues previously noted. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this point.
I can't tap my HDTV Smile
(2013-01-21, 01:21)davilla Wrote: I can't tap my HDTV Smile

With the build I posted, does the action bar ever pop open for you when the OSD shows? Or does it stay hidden? Also which STB are you using?
testing on:
odroid-u2, custom pivos MX, geniatech atv120 stick. All are JellyBean.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23765633/xbmcapp...on-bar.apk , right ?

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
auto hide/show lower nav bar.0