Amlogic TV Box with XBMC 1080P Playback
I just got one of these units and have serious problems with it.

On all MKV files I have tested with AC3 or DTS tracks, there is a hissing static noise every 2 or 3 seconds. This happens with both the built-in video player and MX player. I have read that this problem exists with other Amlogic players and that Amlogic has released a patch for other players to fix the problem. I guess the problem has not been fixed for the Tronsmart Prometheus. (I have already upgraded to the latest firmware as of this date and the problem still exists.)

Also, I have been unable to get 1080p h264 from a USB drive working smoothly with either the built-in video player or MX player. More testing is required but I suspect the hw decoding is not enabled.

As the above problems makes these files (of which the majority of my library consists of) unwatchable, I recommend anyone considering this device to wait for a fix first.

The other problem I have discovered is that the USB ports appear to have problems providing sufficient power to some hard drives. (Flash drives are ok.) I am guessing this from the repeated spin-up/down noises I hear from the affected drives and sluggish response when reading the drive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amlogic TV Box with XBMC 1080P Playback - by stopspam - 2013-01-22, 04:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic TV Box with XBMC 1080P Playback2